Seasoned opinions on this boat please

hopefulboater

Featured Posts

Nice little boat. Well respected builder too I think. Is it to liveaboard? If so, it looks a little on the small side.

It has the look of a 'day hire' boat about it. No fixed birth, no evidence of a shower. Only source of hot water mentioned is from the engine.

It would help peoples answers if you gave an idea of what you want the boat for.

Doug Moore was a very good builder. It would be difficult to extend the cabin - his boats are not known as banana boats for nothing!!

It is really too small for a liveaboard but could be a really nice weekend boat for one or two people.

There have been several threads on Doug Moore boats and Ange lives on a 57footer.

What he said. It looks like a nice boat for a couple to take out for short trips of one, two or at most three days in the Summer. In Winter, or even just on a wet day, it'd be cramped and inconvenient even for one. For a liveaboard, one to avoid.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a shower or anywhere to put one, so frequent stays in marinas would be the order of the day. There's no visible heating either, which means either there isn't any, or there are small radiators run off the engine heat. And is that a pumpout toilet?

You get more room and better facilities in an American maximum security prison cell as a live aboard forget it unless you're a hobbit or something, Even with the worlds biggest cratch cover it wouldn't be worth the money.
K

• Greenie 1

Doing some research for a friend who might be interested in it, yes it will be a liveaboard, there is no shower, no fixed berth & no burner. Tis a tad small in my mind.

And mine, (a tad small that is) I had a 27ft cruiser, with shower, it also slept 5, but was never big enough to live on - but I know that some do live on smaller boats and I guess it works for them, however it just wasn't big enough for my needs.

No fixed berth? - where's he/she going to sleep?

No shower? - where's he/she going to wash? unless based in a marina

No Burner? - how's he/she going to keep warm in the winter?

He could always put a tent on the fore deck

haha it was mentioned :)

What he said. It looks like a nice boat for a couple to take out for short trips of one, two or at most three days in the Summer. In Winter, or even just on a wet day, it'd be cramped and inconvenient even for one. For a liveaboard, one to avoid.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a shower or anywhere to put one, so frequent stays in marinas would be the order of the day. There's no visible heating either, which means either there isn't any, or there are small radiators run off the engine heat. And is that a pumpout toilet?

Yes small radiator and yes pumpout.

It's biggest downfall imo.

A cassette toilet is a must for a liveaboard.

agreed :)

Doug Moore was a very good builder. It would be difficult to extend the cabin - his boats are not known as banana boats for nothing!!

It is really too small for a liveaboard but could be a really nice weekend boat for one or two people.

There have been several threads on Doug Moore boats and Ange lives on a 57footer.

brilliant I will search for them.

To be brutally honest, I don't think it'd be a going concern as a live aboard without a lot of work.

There's no visible shower, so you'd be strip washing in the sink. No means of making hot water bar the engine- if you put In aShower and then want a shower at 7am, when you can't run it, it'd be a cold shower. No visible radiators, fin rads, or ways of heating the boat, bar the engine.

I reckon you'd want to spend at least two grand, probably more, on the boat to make it more comfortable for living on, whereas there are boats in a similar price bracket that have all the necessaries already fitted.

Junior is right - it's a nice boat, but looks like it's been designed very much with day hire in mind. Plenty of room for a group to sit outside and enjoy a cruise, but an awful lot of internal space has been sacrificed for that large front deck - inside is really just a loo and a kitchenette.

To be honest, I'm not sure it's suitable even as a weekend boat, let alone as a liveaboard. There are plenty of cheaper boats out there that offer things like a shower, a water heater, a stove, a dinette, and a convertible double berth in 26ft or less. An £18,000, 32ft boat should offer more, not less!

Did Mock Turtle not used to belong to Ray Dunford (?) and was kept at Claymore Navigation (just north of Preston Brook tunnel)? I seem to remeber it was usd as a day boat and in fact it carried Rays coffin at his funeral.

All this is completely irrelevant to the buyer, however :-)

haggis

And mine, (a tad small that is) I had a 27ft cruiser, with shower, it also slept 5, but was never big enough to live on - but I know that some do live on smaller boats and I guess it works for them, however it just wasn't big enough for my needs.

No fixed berth? - where's he/she going to sleep?

No shower? - where's he/she going to wash? unless based in a marina

No Burner? - how's he/she going to keep warm in the winter?

My boyfriend had the misfortune of mooring next to the most grumpy man living in a 15ft cruiser... I could not help but wonder if he would have been less grumpy if he had some space....

Agreed no burner.

There is a fixed berth, single. sorry my mistake.

Edited by hopefulboater