Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

Not sure to be honest.

It is already going into insolvency, though it is not clear to me if the holiday accommodation and the cafe/restaurant are part of the same business. (very unlikely IMO)

It's galling to suspect that businesses can be run whilst possibly deliberately flouting planning decisions. The rest of us have to abide by the rules.

There are many hundreds of thousands of self-employed peeps running their businesses from home. Homes that have PP for residential use only, not business.

Would you have all these people stopped too?

I can see there is a difference, but it's hard to define!

MtB

There are many hundreds of thousands of self-employed peeps running their businesses from home. Homes that have PP for residential use only, not business.

Would you have all these people stopped too?

I can see there is a difference, but it's hard to define!

MtB

Mike, most private dwellings can legally be used for limited business purposes. A "Ladies that Lunch" establishment down a bridle way is a different matter.

cheers.gif

A

Not sure to be honest.

It is already going into insolvency, though it is not clear to me if the holiday accommodation and the cafe/restaurant are part of the same business. (very unlikely IMO)

It's galling to suspect that businesses can be run whilst possibly deliberately flouting planning decisions. The rest of us have to abide by the rules.

Not sure to be honest.

they are subject to the same planning regulations as they are on the same site, in the same building

But not everyone shares your passion for confrontation and litigation, nor your extreme dislike of Paul Lillie. There are many people who just don't want to be involved in a conflict. (Any conflict, not just this one.) Neither the money nor the principle are worth it.You have a lot of energy that you direct towards Paul Lillie. Not everyone finds him worthy of such devotion.

I don't mean to sound critical of you, it's not up to me to judge. I'm just saying, you're a bit more passionate about this than most folks.

cheers.gif

It has the affect to take over your life ..Things like this..If you met the guy and had dealings with him them like countless others past and present berth holders are exactly the same..

It is just some folk are more prone to loading the rifle and letting someone else pull the trigger.

I don't think Paul G is jumping ship he is showing a degree of humanity towards another human being..

Whichin my background is you don't kick a man(? )when he is down and out!

.I suggest we all revert back to page 3 and his viral exposure of his email!!

For myself and cohorts of others we just want him out of our lifes!

• Greenie 1

I noticed a massive advert on the back page of the Towpath magazine for Pillings Marina...big event on March 5th... ..looks a lovely marina/restaurant. Is that event going to go on as planned I wonder?

UM, 5 May, not March, the BH weekend. This may all be over by then, Or not, of course. (Did you see what I did there?)

If as on some posts, Maybe the Lease holders are safe, and all could pass seamly,

when a new business takes over.

I bet you bottom dollar the new business willt start,or increase,surcharge, or bring in a annual surcharge for these people somehow

Increases by 40% a year should do it!

I recently saw a berth lease 12 years remaining being sold in Spain, cheap as chips, but there was still a annual matinence charge wich was eye watering!!

That alone will pay for the past owners mistake of not paying CRLT the £180,000

Col

Edited by bigcol

I think you're right Col, one way or another a new owner will dream up new ways of charging berth holders.

The terms of the lease will set out the basis of the maintenance charges though. If it's doen like a flat there will be a maintenance fund to which the leaseholders are obliged to contribute, with the rate being decided at an annual general meeting of the leaseholders and a management co. We don't know to whom the Pilling leaseholders must pay their maintenance charges. I wonder if it is QMP or PLM.

MtB

I think you're right Col, one way or another a new owner will dream up new ways of charging berth holders.

The terms of the lease will set out the basis of the maintenance charges though. If it's doen like a flat there will be a maintenance fund to which the leaseholders are obliged to contribute, with the rate being decided at an annual general meeting of the leaseholders and a management co. We don't know to whom the Pilling leaseholders must pay their maintenance charges. I wonder if it is QMP or PLM.

MtB

The Ground Rent is fixed in the lease & the Service Charges cannot be increased by more than RPI + 3%. Payable to PLM.

why post a pic of heather mills/mcartney? I've missed summat? I'm stumped. Mind you so is she... coat....

I think you'll find the pic is of Peta, 23, from Essex, now Mrs. Mark Cavendish. And please don't ask who he is or I'll get cross.smile.png

If someone mentions page three, I naturally think of The Sun

Richard

And what pray tell did you do with the bits of the lovely Peta's page 3 picture that you cut off?

If they are still on the clipboard of your computer, someone will get a pleasant surprise when you paste.

Not the advice I received from my solicitor on this exact point.

I'll grant you it was in 1980 though!

MtB

Maybe you should have asked the council planning department?

I did and they said fine as long as I don't have customers regularly visiting. Actually they said, technically not, but they actually encourage it as it's obviously good for the local economy so they'd be shooting themselves in the foot by preventing it. They said much the same when I erected a huge 4m high summerhouse to work in, technically I don't need permission if I do A,B and C, but they'd appreciate me notifying them. I did A B and C (which was bury it 6" so it was under 4m) and kept stum. I don't like the council in general, but the planning dept are very helpful.