Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

Can I respectfully suggest you stick your input where the sun does not shine.

YOU do not give a tinkers damn about us, the people that moor there, you are only out to score points for how much you can get away with.

Gee, thanks Dank

Richard

I got the impression that he was a moorer at the marina - though, if that is the case, how come he had to pay an extortionate six pounds to park his car?

I think the coffee & biscuits remark was simply a humorous reference to a previous post, in which these comestibles and potables had been mentioned.

I thought s/he was saying they went to the creditors' meeting this morning and had to pay to park at the liquidators office.

I got the impression that he was a moorer at the marina - though, if that is the case, how come he had to pay an extortionate six pounds to park his car?

I think the coffee & biscuits remark was simply a humorous reference to a previous post, in which these comestibles and potables had been mentioned.

Perhaps because the meeting was in Nottingham?

Once again OS you miss the point - I am one of those lease holders

A sure sign this thread has gone on too long.

No, the point I was trying to make is that as one of those affected I have raised the question before of what these arguments are doing for the people moored at Pillings and the answer has to be not a lot.

As this thread continued there seems to be more people trying to find fault( Planning issues etc.) that can be used to close the marina down. This is certainly no help to the people that have boats there is it.

As for John Lillies input - It is not my place to get involved in a family dispute, but at the same time I remember he was there at the outset when all of this was set up, and ignorance is no excuse under law.

I don't give a damn who runs Pillings so long as I am left alone to play with my little boat without interference, is that too much to ask,

And yes I am starting to get *issed of with all this rumour and conjecture if you hadn't noticed.

so we have a thread with 95000 views, 1500 posts, concern for boaters who may lose their moorings, some who had no idea anything was going on until it was discussed on this forum....and now.....after the long awaited creditors meeting.....no information?

Here are the facts as I see them.

There is a marina with 300boats.

CRT has sent boaters a warning that the marina is going to be sealed off in April.

Have I missed something?

Edited by DeanS

I don't give a damn who runs Pillings so long as I am left alone to play with my little boat without interference, is that too much to ask,

Frankly, this is the nub of the whole thread.

General consensus is yes it IS too much to ask, and you're in for a rude awakening if all you want to do is bury your head and hope it will all come good at no cost to yourself. I hope you turn out right but nearly 2000 posts suspect otherwise.

MtB

A sure sign this thread has gone on too long.

No, the point I was trying to make is that as one of those affected I have raised the question before of what these arguments are doing for the people moored at Pillings and the answer has to be not a lot.

As this thread continued there seems to be more people trying to find fault( Planning issues etc.) that can be used to close the marina down. This is certainly no help to the people that have boats there is it.

As for John Lillies input - It is not my place to get involved in a family dispute, but at the same time I remember he was there at the outset when all of this was set up, and ignorance is no excuse under law.

And yes I am starting to get *issed of with all this rumour and conjecture if you hadn't noticed.

I certainly was in at the start, as you put it, but as I said before, I was not involved in much "office oriented" stuff, in fact I was actively discouraged from getting involved, so I left it to the "expert" and got on with the job of putting your moorings and supply cables etc , in!

And yet, you went to a meeting and are in possession of some genuine, Bedouine facts. You are in a position to dispel a lot of speculation

What happened at the meeting, Dank?

Richard

Frankly, this is the nub of the whole thread.

General consensus is yes it IS too much to ask, and you're in for a rude awakening if all you want to do is bury your head and hope it will all come good at no cost to yourself. I hope you turn out right but nearly 2000 posts suspect otherwise.

MtB

Think I'll go away and stick my head in the sand whilst I await my rude awakening.

Anything I say will be pure conjecture.

Brainwashed brainwashed

I rest my case

I rest my case

Ok then, as you are not going to tell the board anything useful about the meeting, how about telling us which side of the piling you are planning to be on April 13th, when the marina entrance gets sealed off?

Thanks. Not that I expect a sensible answer.

MtB

if CaRT has been paid in full then all is ok until next time .I can see that all this publicity about Mr Nasty will see boats numbers in pillings reduce and mooring fees go up.

why would Steadman put up the money to pay CRT now, after £24k legal fees have been added? He didn't come across as quite that stupid when I met him, unless he didn't know all that was going on................

if CaRT has been paid in full then all is ok until next time .I can see that all this publicity about Mr Nasty will see boats numbers in pillings reduce and mooring fees go up.

Some facts (I think?)

1. They owed CRT £180 000.

2. CRT eventually gave up discussing it and sent a letter saying if they didnt seal the entrance, CRT would do it in April.

3. The marina then declared liquidation.

Can they legally now....:

1. Make the outstanding payment and carry on as normal.

2. Make the payment out of the liquidation process (where the liquidators sell assets and pay the creditors). .in which case I imagine they could just change their business name and try and buy a new connection fee from CRT. If CRT didnt want to issue it, then they would have no marina.

3. Decide not to pay it..and sell to someone else...who CRT would have to issue a new connection fee.

It's all very interesting. I would have thought today's meeting would have some sort of information regarding what option would be the one for the future?

Anything Paul Lillie does to promote the marina in situ probably falls within the purview of his permit. I would imagine that he is calling his parties and such "promotional activities". (Utter speculation on my part. Someone posted part of the PLM approval document earlier and that was my first reaction.)

As a previous leaseholder i can state from many other berth holders views ..The site primary is Mr Paul Lillies obsession ...A swanky cafe bistro.restaurant ,the marina part of it is second choice but comes in handy for a reason to visit a ex quarry adjacent to a sewage treatment works..

It is obvious that his ambitions would not be met by boaters alone hence the open to the public aspect of it all..

All breaching the planning consent!!!

The cafe use and its license to sell alcohol is limited to moorers not outsiders .

As is the ex home of Mr John Lliliie for residential use not for a commercial use of

.who CRT would have to issue a new connection fee.

As I understand it CRT don't have to allow connection but can't unreasonably withhold it. So if the new company had directors who were part of the old company they wouldn't in my view be being unreasonable in refusing.

• Greenie 1

I'm really depressed by Dank's attitude, especially as I know of him from a mutual friend and felt a great deal of sympathy for him. I was genuinely concerned for him as a moorer in PLM but clearly I didn't need to be.

Seems to me we all have an interest in this situation because of the implications for other marinas which might get into difficulty. In the absence of hard information, the speculation can only proliferate. I'd like to know:

1 What's the position for the moorers, both lease holders and ordinary pay by the month/year ones?

2 Is CRT going to get its money?

3 Will the marina be disconnected from the system in mid-April?

I'm also now wondering:

4 Have the attendees at the creditors meeting been told not to communicate further on this board (which is an example of just the paranoia liable to flourish in the absence of hard data)?

As I stated in a previous post, I had a notice to attend the meeting & chose not to, as it appeared that the purpose was just to appoint the Liquidator & fix his remuneration. My guess is that any other information would have been just chat between the interested parties. Of course, I have been known to be wrong on the odd occasion.

I'm confused.

What will it take for the marina to NOT be sealed off in April...exactly?

Nothing! CRT have announced it will be sealed off. Period.

I don't understand why so many moorers at Pillings think this is no big deal. Maybe they never go anywhere.

MtB

P.S. I don't understand why you are confused Dean. What is there not to understand?

Dont be depressed Bruce. I just prefer to be a glass half full person and Im sick and tired of all the negative speculation that has been thrown up over a good deal of these pages. The initial intention of following this thread was to learn some new facts, well Ive certainly done that but little that is relevant to my situation. Now I just follow for morbid curiosity.

I had intended (post1890) to try and throw a few crumbs of comfort to the other moorers at Pillings because of what I felt was a positive meeting in Nottingham that bode well for the future, but as has been shown previously anybody being to optimistic is classed as a management lackey or otherwise. (As has been so ably demonstrated by Little One sheet) Tried to convey the message as low key as possible back fired didnt it. I am well aware that this issue is more than just a Paul Lillie bashing exercise. This is not rich boys toys but involves peoples homes and life savings, a fact that seems to be overlooked far too often and that is what is annoying me..

As of today:-

The facts as I understand them.

A liquidator has been appointed.

If Quorn Marina Properties if not already in voluntary liquidation it will shortly be so.

The debt to CRT is written off with the liquidation.

A new NAA agreement will have to be negotiated.

The last clause in the leashold agreement ensures that the lease terms will be honoured.

My observations.

The Liquidator and the CRT financial representative appeared to accept the situation and did not seem to consider it extraordinary.

The CRT representative also identified himself as a person who had acted as liquidator in the past and was very helpful to the extent of explaining some of the technicalities to the creditors.

The liquidation will go through in just a short space of time and the new company is expected to be negotiating a new NAA in the near future.

Paul Lillie stated that if his presence is an obstacle to negotiations he will resign as director.

There is no apparent reason for new negations not to take place before April 14.

Im sorry that Phil Spencer or somebody representing CRT management wasnt there so we could glean a bit more from their intentions.

I dare say someone will take exception - tough.

I dont appear to be able to carry quotes over from different pages so to try and answer a few comments.

Gaggle & RLWP

I do not blame anybody for this mess but the original Pillings Lock management. What I do take issue with are those few sad people who delight in muddying the water for mischief when peoples futures are in the balance. In their case the sun shouldnt shine.

Mike the Boilerman

Trudy-Ann will be in the marina throughout April and my confidence is high that I will not have to resort to a low loader to get to and from the cut. Care to wager a pint for May first.