Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

What is done is done reagrding the 'old' company. They've gone in to liqudation.

CRT should only enter in to a new agreement with the 'pheonix' company if they pay the connection fee in advance. This shouldn't be a problem for the marina owner as most mooring fees are paid up front.

No payment, no connection.

BW set the rate at the commercial average for moorings in that area,

so "creative accounting" does not work, their 9% is based on the average price of a similar mooring in the local area.

I think this needs some explanation.

According to information released by BW, each marina with a NAA has an agreed gross mooring capacity expressed in meters which can only be changed by mutual agreement.

The NAA charge is payment to CRT of 9% of the gross mooring capacity multiplied by the mooring rate (net of VAT) charged at the marina.

However with the change from under capacity to over capacity in marina berths, marinas often have different mooring rates depending on type and length of agreement. There is also a reluctance of some marinas to publish a standard 'mooring rate' as existing customers might be paying more.

As such it is easy to understand why marina operators why mooring rate is determined by what others are paying.

With regard to the wider issues, I understand that some marinas have renegotiated gross mooring capacity dowmwards by decommissioning berths. However, information regarding this is hard to come by.

I'm not sure if it has been asked yet whether "Pilling" will be changing their name to "Piling" if CRT carry out their threat?

Well, "billing" obviously didn't work (and there's one on the Nene anyway) so "piling" must be the next step, followed if necessary by "filling"!

A Greeno, suitable for vegetarians, for you Mr. F.

What is done is done reagrding the 'old' company. They've gone in to liqudation.

CRT should only enter in to a new agreement with the 'pheonix' company if they pay the connection fee in advance. This shouldn't be a problem for the marina owner as most mooring fees are paid up front.

No payment, no connection.

It is not a connection fee (which is a one off charge), it is fees paid under a Network Access Agreement (NAA).

NAA fees are paid quarterly in advance.

Off-topic, but:

I love this. Some private companies (marinas) aren't making as much profit as they'd like, so to solve this 'problem' a charity (the CRT) should compel its customers (licence holders) to hand over thousands of pounds a year to those private companies in return for year-round moorings and related services that they have no intention of using (since they are continuously cruising the network).

You certainly can't argue with that as a business model. Open a marina with 100 berths, fill some of them with genuine customers if you can be bothered to attract any by actually providing decent services, a pleasant location, competitive prices, etc., then wait for the rest to fill up with phantom customers who have been compelled by the CRT to pay for a nominal year-round 'home' mooring they never use (or maybe use only over the winter - in which case paying for a winter mooring would seem more appropriate).

What I find remarkable in these situations is how a lot of people actually support the company trading fraudulently or doing a phoenix. Look at how people supported the owners of Challenger and Ownerships. Perhaps the one that grates with me most is Sea Otter which did a phoenix and had people falling over themselves to help them get restarted. Not the creditors of course.

I tend to stay away from this forums as I believe it is full off pompous old gossips who have nothing better to do with their Retirement however on this occasion I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

first off all this is typical British people at your best ignorant, arrogant, jealous, naive individuals who like to see people fail in life .I find it remarkable that everyone on here is now a law expert and seems to have all the facts and in side knowledge.

As a fellow boat owner and waterways payer I find it disgraceful CRT keep wasting our money on ridiculous court cases and legal fees. They use their cover as a charity to corporately bully small business into paying ridiculously high fees, something worth looking into I found very interesting is how much CRT ran marinas actually pay per year, I suspect you will find it to be a lot less than that of Pilling lock. Isn't this just a ploy by CRT to run every privately owned marina out of business so every boat is moored at their own marinas.

Its seems to me CRT have a long history of pursuing cases even if they have any chance of getting a penny. Nigel Johnson, CRT’s legal and corporate services director wasted £250000 taking a single person to court over a six year period, that's money that could have been spent improving our canals .In my opinion CRT have nothing to lose and everything to gain its not their money there wasting on legal fees its ours!

If Mr. Lillie is a "scammer" as you say he is then why is the marina still open and running as normal surely he would be living in a villa in a warmer climate by now . I see this as nothing more than someone who is trying to earn an honest living and defend his business. If you were in his shoes I suspect all of you would do the same thing, the word hypocrites springs to mind . In my opinion he was forced into this position from the evidence I have seen. CRT need to learn to compromise surely getting something back is better than nothing now they wont get a penny if it gets liquidated. CRT and privately owned marinas need to learn to work together .CRT should be supporting these businesses and working with them not taking them to court, how is the economy ever meant to grow if companies are constantly forced into liquidation.

shame on you CRT !

• Greenie 3

I tend to stay away from this forums as I believe it is full off pompous old gossips who have nothing better to do with their Retirement however on this occasion I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

first off all this is typical British people at your best ignorant, arrogant, jealous, naive individuals who like to see people fail in life .I find it remarkable that everyone on here is now a law expert and seems to have all the facts and in side knowledge.

As a fellow boat owner and waterways payer I find it disgraceful CRT keep wasting our money on ridiculous court cases and legal fees. They use their cover as a charity to corporately bully small business into paying ridiculously high fees, something worth looking into I found very interesting is how much CRT ran marinas actually pay per year, I suspect you will find it to be a lot less than that of Pilling lock. Isn't this just a ploy by CRT to run every privately owned marina out of business so every boat is moored at their own marinas.

Its seems to me CRT have a long history of pursuing cases even if they have any chance of getting a penny. Nigel Johnson, CRT’s legal and corporate services director wasted £250000 taking a single person to court over a six year period, that's money that could have been spent improving our canals .In my opinion CRT have nothing to lose and everything to gain its not their money there wasting on legal fees its ours!

If Mr. Lillie is a "scammer" as you say he is then why is the marina still open and running as normal surely he would be living in a villa in a warmer climate by now . I see this as nothing more than someone who is trying to earn an honest living and defend his business. If you were in his shoes I suspect all of you would do the same thing, the word hypocrites springs to mind . In my opinion he was forced into this position from the evidence I have seen. CRT need to learn to compromise surely getting something back is better than nothing now they wont get a penny if it gets liquidated. CRT and privately owned marinas need to learn to work together .CRT should be supporting these businesses and working with them not taking them to court, how is the economy ever meant to grow if companies are constantly forced into liquidation.

shame on you CRT !

And you accuse everyone else of being naive!!

shame on you CRT !

And you accuse everyone else of being naive!!

You beat me to it!

It's clearly someone with a personal connection to the case, and therefore a personal agenda and bias, who is choosing anonymity in the form of a "new poster" in the hope that we won't realise. We are not that stupid!

I don't think it's Nigel - the poor structure, grammar and punctuation is not his style, unless I suppose he is deliberately trying to disguise it!

Edited by nicknorman

It's clearly someone with a personal connection to the case, and therefore a personal agenda and bias, who is choosing anonymity in the form of a "new poster" in the hope that we won't realise. We are not that stupid!

I don't think it's Nigel - the poor structure, grammar and punctuation is not his style, unless I suppose he is deliberately trying to disguise it!

Blatantly.

It would be interesting to 'out' whoever it is.

I don't think it's Nigel - the poor structure, grammar and punctuation is not his style, unless I suppose he is deliberately trying to disguise it

when you are dealing with the IQ of chimps there is no need to use grammar or punctuation

when you are dealing with the IQ of chimps there is no need to use grammar or punctuation

It might of course be the "Mr Steadman" who is also mentioned in relation to the various companies involved.....

Whoever it is I don't think he's doing a great job in turning the argument round........

Perhaps Mr "Neptune" you would like to give us some background to your point of view.....us chimps can be easily entertained you know.

Cheers

Gareth

shame on you CRT !

Awesome!

Your post is worthy of a Year 9 essay. Except they have more grasp of reasoning and grammar. Still, it's been a rubbish day and I've been short of laughs so can the rest of you lot budge up on the sofa, please? I have lemonade and some plastic mugs.