The Bridge Inn, Napton

MtB

Featured Posts

What I meant was - Wifi is a top selling point for attracting boaters - no sarcasm. Being able to connect a laptop or smartphone up to the internet via wifi and broadband and catch up over a pint is really useful when out on the cut

Richard

What I meant was - Wifi is a top selling point for attracting boaters - no sarcasm. Being able to connect a laptop or smartphone up to the internet via wifi and broadband and catch up over a pint is really useful when out on the cut

Richard

Do I wake or sleep? These are wild and whirling words.

That's quite enough Shakespeare for today. But seriously, do you also talk through your mouth?

That's quite enough Shakespeare for today. But seriously, do you also talk through your mouth?

I'm struggling now.

Wifi - good!

OK?

Rich

Hi again just a quick note to let everyone know that the new phone number for the bridge is 01926 814871.

Also the card machine is now installed and the WI FI is now connected.

Hope you all have a good day

Linzi

Well done, Unfortunately we passed at the wrong time last week, Monday afternoon so didn't get in to see you this time.

Yes, struggling to get a grip on reality by the look of it. I have never yet gone into a pub at the end of a day's boating thinking "Ooh, I'm looking forward to a nice computer" - my preference is generally for a pint of ale and a packet of peanuts. I haven't got a lap top, I haven't got a smart phone, and whatever a Wi fi is, I don't want one. I go to the pub for a DRINK!

No need for sarcasm, young man - it was good of Linzi to let us have the new information. I wonder why the pub has changed its phone number.

Well I find WiFi very useful if its available. I wish the Blue Lias would turn it on.

I find the fact they can now take cards useful as well

• 2 months later...

I wonder if the landlady, Linzi, has set up in another pub now. I think we should be warned.

Not sure that is fair., The Bridge has suffered from a lack of customers for several years, despite having mangers who worked hard to make it a success. Perhaps she has also realised it is no longer a commercial proposition and moved to one in a more favourable location.

I find it hard to imagine why it can't be made successful, the location is brilliant but every time I've been past recently it has been closed up with a clutch of people wondering around outside peering in through the windows and looking puzzled.

Randomly closing during normal opening hours is the height of unprofessional-ism and the death rattle of a pub business, according an ex-publican mate of mine. I can see why, and it looks like he was right.

What a shame.

MtB

Just in case my comments on here were misunderstood, my wife and I thought we would call in to support on our November cruise on the S Oxford but despite a towing path full of very recent advertising sign boards and having found a half decent mooring, were highly surprised, after all was said on here, to find it closed.

Not sure that is fair., The Bridge has suffered from a lack of customers for several years, despite having mangers

A pity that so few people take their cattle there.

David, I see your point of view, but I do recall that some of the lady's comments suggested a less agreeable side of her personality behind the welcoming facade. If this became evident in the pub as well as on the internet, it could deter customers from patronising the place.

As for realising that it was "no longer" a commercial proposition, for how long were she and her husband in charge? A couple of months? Surely it usually takes longer than that to build up a pub's business and reputation.

Edited by Athy