What 'gadgets' can't you live without.

Doodlebug

Featured Posts

All the above except pacemaker so far, then there is the washing machine, tumble drier, toaster, battery monitoring via smartgauge and mastershunt, iPhone with Three all-you-can-eat data, GSM remote for the heating, keyfob remote for finding and boarding the boat at night, dimmable and colour changable interior lights, all lights on and off buttons at the helm (for tunnels), call bell so that a G&T arrives at the helm...am i rambling yet?

Probably the most useful little thing we have added to the boat since we got it was a MCS water tank gauge. It wasnt expensive, easy to fit and takes all the guesswork out of water tank contents eg when deciding whether there is enough water remaining to put on the washing machine etc.

All the above except pacemaker so far, then there is the washing machine, tumble drier, toaster, battery monitoring via smartgauge and mastershunt, iPhone with Three all-you-can-eat data, GSM remote for the heating, keyfob remote for finding and boarding the boat at night, dimmable and colour changable interior lights, all lights on and off buttons at the helm (for tunnels), call bell so that a G&T arrives at the helm...am i rambling yet?

Probably the most useful little thing we have added to the boat since we got it was a MCS water tank gauge. It wasnt expensive, easy to fit and takes all the guesswork out of water tank contents eg when deciding whether there is enough water remaining to put on the washing machine etc.

Well I have an iPhone but nothing else. Maybe that's why I don't need to run my engine very often!

Well I have an iPhone but nothing else. Maybe that's why I don't need to run my engine very often!

We run our engine quite a lot. I know it might seem strange to some on here, but we like to GO PLACES on our boat, not just sit on the bank! We very rarely have to run the engine when tied up.

• Greenie 1

We run our engine quite a lot. I know it might seem strange to some on here, but we like to GO PLACES on our boat, not just sit on the bank! We very rarely have to run the engine when tied up.

Agreed. Which makes it all the more annoying when you end up moored next to someone who doesnt understand this and runs their engine all dayangry.png

Solar panels, possibly one of the reasons our leisure batteries are going strong at six years old.

Ipad and external hard drives - the emagazines and ebooks and music stored and viewed on these things would fill our boat several times over. I can continue to hoard, only digitally!

That's just like mine. Mine is longer but thinner.

Martyn

Mine is painted matt black to make it easier to read, and has some fancy ropework at the top

I like fancy ropework happy.png

Richard

Mine is painted matt black to make it easier to read, and has some fancy ropework at the top

I like fancy ropework happy.png

Richard

Mine has notches cut in it so I can estimate how much fuel there is left....the ultimate in sophistication and modern technology.