MAFFI

Allan

Featured Posts

Many Thanks Allan

He's been on here quite a lot talking about clearing up rubbish.....

and looking at the amount here, after he cleared several bags full not long ago, I am not suprised if he has upped sticks and gone to outer mongolia

Edited by matty40s

Would it have anything to do with the fact that in the last blog post of his that I saw (yesterday) he was vehemently accusing another, named and photographed, blogger of being a liar, in very strong terms?

Edited by Chertsey

Would it have anything to do with the fact that in the last blog post of his that I saw (yesterday) he was vehemently accusing another, named and photographed, blogger of being a liar, in very strong terms?

I haven't seen the post, but if it's who I think it is, said blogger has made me so angry on more than one occasion, I've left several facebook groups rather than lose my temper and say something to them that I'd later regret.

If he's decided to step away from the keyboard for a bit, then he's doing the right thing.

I haven't seen the post, but if it's who I think it is, said blogger has made me so angry on more than one occasion, I've left several facebook groups rather than lose my temper and say something to them that I'd later regret.

If he's decided to step away from the keyboard for a bit, then he's doing the right thing.

It's a blog that I don't read for the very reason that I find it arrogant, irritating and puerile.

But then I don't read Maffi either because all that anger gives me a headache.

It's a blog that I don't read for the very reason that I find it arrogant, irritating and puerile.

When I've got my Vodafone sim in the dongle, it won't let me access it - content control - not for under 18's it says. Which I find amusing.

I think the difference is that we've met Maffi, so we just mark any ranting down to 'grumpyboaterism' don't know the other blogger IRL. Bias? Probably. Human nature isn't it?

Edited by Lady Muck

I don't read it because it requires me to create a Google account, track all my searches, and bombard me with unwanted spam.

Edited by David Schweizer

It is said blogger who never leaves her marina and knows it all.

If im honest I gave in reading Maffi's blog as it is just full of whinging and whining.

I have never met the man but his blog doesnt really paint the picture of someone I would be rushing out to find and meet.

Just my opinion of course but some of the quotes that appeared on said blog which were quoted from Maffi's blog are down right rude on Maffi's part. Maybe he was having a bad day, who knows but they got my back up :angry:

Edited by Lady Muck

I have never met the man but his blog doesnt really paint the picture of someone I would be rushing out to find and meet.

I have. He is a most affable fellow. But I have not read his blog. I would say that I've got things the right way round.

If im honest I gave in reading Maffi's blog as it is just full of whinging and whining.

Just my opinion of course but some of the quotes that appeared on said blog which were quoted from Maffi's blog are down right rude on Maffi's part. Maybe he was having a bad day, who knows but they got my back up :angry:

Surely Maffi was expressing his opinion on his own blog. I have to say that having met Maffi he does seem different to the person on his blog, but then i have found that with a lot of bloggers. It is the same with the people I have met from this forum.

Edited by Lady Muck

I have. He is a most affable fellow. But I have not read his blog. I would say that I've got things the right way round.

Maybe, maybe not.

But that does go to show that the person who comes across in writing isnt necessarily the person you end up meeting face to face.

Surely Maffi was expressing his opinion on his own blog. I have to say that having met Maffi he does seem different to the person on his blog, but then i have found that with a lot of bloggers. It is the same with the people I have met from this forum.

Having met a few bloggers and forum members on our travels I do agree to a certain extent. Some people are not as they seem on here and their blogs. Others are just as they seem on here and their blogs.

I moored right next to Maffi for a week and found him to be a very easy going person and also very helpful.

Which is the polar opposite of hoe he comes across on his blog. :rolleyes:

Dont get me wrong I have nothing against Maffi in general and Im sure he is a nice guy in the flesh. I just dont read his blog because it became a monotanus endless stream of ranting and raving about everyone and everything. And the comments he made on one particular post did raise the heckles.