Anyone got any snow yet?

Scooby

Featured Posts

Just got the call from OH, who was out at her staff Christmas meal tonight.

About 5 miles away, with her lift, roads not gritted, zero progress.

Lift unlikely to get her back up the hill to home, so can we send out a posse with Huskies and brandey, sorry - proper boots and foul weather gear.

Sigh!.........

It started snowing very heavily before leaving work... it actually stopped for a short time and then started again but as I set off on the boat it was very thin. I got all the way into town, and I was just mooring up as it started again.

Don;t forget to keep a lookout, though I work in central mancheser, Jy Praat twak is moored in Hyde. Have a safe trip.

Ah, didn't actually go that far, just along the Bridgewater and I'm now currently moored in Castlefield, ready for stopping over after my works xmas do! I hope there's not going to be any ice as I need to travel back either Saturday or Sunday.

mystified by the wheel :lol:

That anchors the big metal pole which the aerial sits on top of when we're in a low signal area :lol:

Dave pins it to the towpath to make sure it doesn't take out passers by!

Edited twice cos I was flicking between the forum & TV and not paying enough attention!

Edited by Ange

Just got the call from OH, who was out at her staff Christmas meal tonight.

About 5 miles away, with her lift, roads not gritted, zero progress.

Lift unlikely to get her back up the hill to home, so can we send out a posse with Huskies and brandey, sorry - proper boots and foul weather gear.

Sigh!.........

Well myself and number 1 son have just completed a round trip on foot of rather more than 3 miles to deliver boots and outdoor gear to the reveller, to stop her driver having to try the ascent of the big hills, (they had previously been holed up some miles away whilst most drivers failed to make it up a very much smaller hill).

Something anywhere between 1 and 10 inches here, but I'd say where the strong wind has not disturbed it that it's currently around 4".

Frankly at the rate it's falling, even if they were gritting, I don't think it would make a lot of difference.

I see little prospect of her school being open in the morning.

Edited by alan_fincher

My car was covered in snow when I came out of work at 9pm last night.

It would be fine if the heater worked in my car, but it doesn't.

The one thing I value most and the best invention for cars ever is the front heated windscreen. Without that I'd probably be still sat in the works car park!! Especially with no heater.

We parked both the cars on the road last night as the drive is on a steep slope and we'd never have got out of it!! Either that or we'd have slid down and demolished the garage door!!

Don't like all this snow and ice.

How much are moorings in the Med??

We had just less than an inch on top of the hill when we awoke this morning. Enough to cause some disruption (mainly caused by people being so slow they where causing problems), a few roads have been closed due to multiple accidents on the tops of the hills in Sheffield but all of the main routes where clear.

Dont know what all of the fuss was about. :lol:

I suspect a conspiracy between the teachers and the guys who grit our roads, they all of course work for the local authority and I reckon there is some pact so that the roads don't get gritted and then the schools get closed (as is happening around her this morning) and the teachers get an extra day off.....result....

Edited by MJG

The scene in Apsley (near Hemel Hempsted) this morning. About 5" of snow.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i8/mikec...EyMTgtMDgxM.jpg

I'm supposed to be going into a drydock on Wednesday to black my boat, but judging from the long range weather forecast on metacheck I may have wasted my money. :lol:

Edited by blackrose

We had just less than an inch on top of the hill when we awoke this morning. Enough to cause some disruption (mainly caused by people being so slow they where causing problems), a few roads have been closed due to multiple accidents on the tops of the hills

They will be the ones who weren't going so slow .... :lol: