Anyone got any snow yet?

Scooby

Featured Posts

I'd like to think the Kevin's would be reasonable regarding the outstanding payment and would understand the situation, especially if your committed to come back at a later date.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) :o:lol:

How well do you know the Kevins!

PS. Good luck with your blacking Mike

Thanks, I think I'll need it!

Hi Mike,

Not sure if the windward end of the dock could be sheeted off some how ? A deisel space heater under there would get the day time temp up a fair bit if you could keep the wind out but I guess its a bit of a gamble and more expense. I'd like to think the Kevin's would be reasonable regarding the outstanding payment and would understand the situation, especially if your committed to come back at a later date.

Would be interesting to hear others views regarding the curing temperature before you decide. Whatever happens we must meet for a beer !

Les+Heidi

Sure thing. The beer is on even if I have to walk there! I thought about the space heater but I've no idea how much diesel (or gas?) they use or how much they cost to hire? I think there's a hire place in Berko so I'll try to contact them.

Apart from that I've still got 7 locks to get through and I'm really not looking forward to it once this snow ices up. If it thaws by Monday I'll be happy.

Edit: I just called the yard who say it's no problem painting in these temperatures (well of course they would!), but I also called Mainline (Rylard) who say that although the spec sheets for Rytex and Premium Protection give minimum application temperature is +10 deg C, in practice it will go off at lower temperatures, it just takes longer.

So it looks like we are GREEN FOR GO!

Edited by blackrose

Do hope you havn't got to use the Euston exit, major signalling problems on the line near watford junction, been delays and cancellations all day. Glad I didn't bother going in.

Caro uses the train, she is working from home.

I drive, only reason I came in was due to a server failure, fixed that and now am here till 18.30

lots of snow down our way in the fens. walking home from the train station last night was AWFUL!

watching the cats as they experienced snow for the first time today was great fun though!

http://nbluckyduck.blogspot.com/2009/12/snow-joke.html <-- pics here

I got away about 9am instead of the usual 7.30 took several attempts

The car park was about a foot deep

Sitting at my desk on London at present.

If you need gas, I have at least one full calor 13kg one.

Julian,

Thanks for the kind offer mate, really appreciated but just got back from collecting a refill from my mate in Apsley plus some more logs etc.. hunkering down till the thaw seems like a good idea.

Watch out on the lanes when you come back this evening, its already starting to freeze again and its getting much colder later apparantly.

Les

I got away about 9am instead of the usual 7.30 took several attempts

The car park was about a foot deep

Sitting at my desk on London at present.

If you need gas, I have at least one full calor 13kg one.

Julian,

Thanks for the kind offer mate, really appreciated but just got back from collecting a refill from my mate in Apsley plus some more logs etc.. hunkering down till the thaw seems like a good idea.

Watch out on the lanes when you come back this evening, its already starting to freeze again and its getting much colder later apparantly.

Les

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) :o:lol:

How well do you know the Kevins!

Not well enough by the sound of it !!

Thanks, I think I'll need it!

Sure thing. The beer is on even if I have to walk there!

So it looks like we are GREEN FOR GO!

Will be in the Anchor tonight but thats too far to walk from where you are I guess, but once you settle in a winkwell we'll sort out a beer or three. Good news about the blacking. I dont know how much the space heater would be, if they dont deliver we can throw it in the back of my van and drop it off for you, just shout.

Edited by Lesd

Will be in the Anchor tonight but thats too far to walk from where you are I guess, but once you settle in a winkwell we'll sort out a beer or three. Good news about the blacking. I dont know how much the space heater would be, if they dont deliver we can throw it in the back of my van and drop it off for you, just shout.

What time I may stop for one on the way home about 7.15

I live 4 miles from where I work. Woke up to about 5 inches of snow so I walked into work was a nice walk. Got to work so did about a dozen others. Now what did pissed me off is the ones that normally walk into work every single day didnt turn up and even the ones that lived within a mile didnt, we had one guy the travelled into work who lives about 30 miles away so if he could make it in why couldnt the others. We then found out before we went home the ones that didnt come in are still going to get paid, I know what I be doing next time.

I live 4 miles from where I work. Woke up to about 5 inches of snow so I walked into work was a nice walk. Got to work so did about a dozen others. Now what did pissed me off is the ones that normally walk into work every single day didnt turn up and even the ones that lived within a mile didnt, we had one guy the travelled into work who lives about 30 miles away so if he could make it in why couldnt the others. We then found out before we went home the ones that didnt come in are still going to get paid, I know what I be doing next time.

Similar story here. Although it hasnt gone unoticed by the directors.

Wonder just how much money has been lost today by no shows.

Which is strange Phylis as I'm from Blackpool,

and took an easy excuse to stay off, get the camera out and enjoy the winter sunshine and snow,

oh,

sad lights BTW.

Well you should have had more back bone then.

And there is nothing wrong with the lights.

What time I may stop for one on the way home about 7.15

If you called in when you said you might we would have missed you by 5 mins as we've just got back to the boat. I like the Anchor, the early evening crowd are a good bunch. Eastman bangers and mash, veg and onion gravy for £6.50 and Abbott at £2.70 is as good as it gets around here ! Will catch you for one or two before christmas if you fancy

Les

We have had a light dusting of snow here at Cropredy - the first fall was just before breakfast and we had a bit more just after lunch but nothing serious. I don't know if the locks are open at Claydon but we have had no more than a couple of boats past - including a BW work boat.

Just an update, still no serious snow here but the locks at Claydon are now open again - we have had a couple of boats down from Fenny Compton this afternoon . . .

Nice and snowy here in Eastbourne earlier today. However, we could not run the buses to Tunbridge Wells. Had one stuck in a dip in the road at Mayfield and had to get a recovery lorry to pull it back.

Not much falling snow here now, but the roads are like a skating rink, so I am having to divert them asround some of the side roads that we usually use.

So if you are waiting for a bus in Angelsey Avenue in Hailsham tonight - sorry, I've pulled them out due to the council not gritting the road!!!

K

That anchors the big metal pole which the aerial sits on top of when we're in a low signal area :lol:

Dave pins it to the towpath to make sure it doesn't take out passers by!

Edited twice cos I was flicking between the forum & TV and not paying enough attention!

Thanks should have know it would be a covert device.

This one is still my favourite - from the days when we could get through the white stuff and never had the 'Wrong Kind' - perhaps a romantic exaggeration on my part but then nostalgia is like that . . .

You drag this one out every winter Graham..... wonderful footage though and not a high-vis in sight.