Anyone got any snow yet?

Scooby

Featured Posts

"We got a good dumping of snow last night

Not enough to stop us travelling from Lincoln to Sheffield though "

Sorry Phylis,

I didn't realise how effective your lights were, Lincoln to Sheffield is a pretty impressive night cruise.

In the car :lol:

Yesterday Midday at Cassio. Another inch and half fell later in the afternoon.

Padlocks all frozen, but I did manage to get in the engine 'ole. All well.

162TychosnowDec09Large.jpg

Derek

Yep,

But surely if you actually wanted to go boating, your boat is a great deal better equipped than most!

Golden opportunity to try out that ice ram, I'd have thought!

This is Huddersfield, as of yesterday morning. There's a 55' nb under that (well, a lot of one).

Fair bit more this afternoon + the wind's gettin' up, so it's drifting.

Must be some wind - they don't usually drift on dry land, only when floated.

It's been raining here. The road was not gritted, so now all slushy lumps out there. If it freezes tonight then the road will be a nightmare tomorrow!

Roads get gritted round our way.......plenty of grit, but not much salt content. The result is that the snow doesn't melt, just get pushed around into ruts. Window dressin'...

Sue 1946 and Piston broke, where are you both? In Sussex, it got up to 8C today and the snow has gone - but my sister in Matlock has heavy snow falling now and I've just been told the met office says expect this until March??!!

Hi, Sue is in Mid- Beds & I'm in Huddersfield. It's supposed to warm up now, over Xmas.........dunno about March. :lol:

Anyone who wants a real value-for-money break, spend a day in sunny Huddersfield...........it'll feel like a fortnight :lol:

Sue 1946 and Piston broke, where are you both? In Sussex, it got up to 8C today and the snow has gone - but my sister in Matlock has heavy snow falling now and I've just been told the met office says expect this until March??!!

We're not far from Matlock and just had another covering of snow tonight... hardly been above zero all day and went down to Burton to visit outlaws this morning and had -6 at 9am!

Well it's snowing quite heavily here in Lancashire at the moment - and we're sat in the boat in our t-shirts!

Now if I had a pound for every towpath walker that remarked that we must be very cold in our boat .....

Edited by Ange

At some point this evening it has snowed very heavily... didn't notice it! I've just been out to help with the shopping and we've had another couple of inches in the same amount of hours.

What do you reckon the chances of it snowing on "the day" are? I've heard that it's supposed to be getting better, apparently!

At some point this evening it has snowed very heavily... didn't notice it! I've just been out to help with the shopping and we've had another couple of inches in the same amount of hours.

What do you reckon the chances of it snowing on "the day" are? I've heard that it's supposed to be getting better, apparently!

2 to 1 I've heard...

Now if I had a pound for every towpath walker that remarked that we must be very cold in our boat .....

... you'd be a millionaire...but you are surely....

Oh to be where you are..

You are absolutely right - and I have no regrets about our choices. We may not have the income we used to enjoy but we are much happier people. Sometimes you just have to wing it and hope for the best - like is says in your signature, this ain't a rehearsal.

You are absolutely right - and I have no regrets about our choices. We may not have the income we used to enjoy but we are much happier people. Sometimes you just have to wing it and hope for the best - like is says in your signature, this ain't a rehearsal.

Cheers,

Jan and I aspire to it but we will get there.

All the best for Christmas and New Year.