Loo Roll 😆

Karen Louise

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, Karen Louise said:

I understand that you need to be careful what loo roll you use with a cassette toilet. So does that just mean buying the thinner, cheaper stuff ? 🤔

Normal supermarket stuff is fine.

We tend to avoid the 'luxury' stuff as it has a tendancy to take longer to break down and can make it harder to empty the cassette. Especially when you have a granddaughter who thinks she's an Andrex puppy.

Do not buy the stuff that is described as being made for cassette loos, it's a waste of money.

16 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Generally not an issue with a cassette, more something to consider with a macerator and pump out.

But even so, the only things that should go into your cassette toilet are pee, poo and paper (and water). Wet wipes, sanitary towels and the like won't block your cassette, but they may well block the elsan point when you empty.

• Greenie 1

37 minutes ago, David Mack said:

But even so, the only things that should go into your cassette toilet are pee, poo and paper (and water). Wet wipes, sanitary towels and the like won't block your cassette, but they may well block the elsan point when you empty.

One of the biggest blockers of Elsen disposals are the sliding lids/covers of the cassette, last tilme I had to unblock an S blend I found 3 wedged in there. The funny thing was, was that the boater that finally realised it was blocked kept flushing it until it overflowed, before she figuring out her cr@p wasn’t going anywhere 💩💩

Edited by BoatinglifeupNorth

2 hours ago, Karen Louise said:

I understand that you need to be careful what loo roll you use with a cassette toilet. So does that just mean buying the thinner, cheaper stuff ? 🤔

Go Greek / Brazilian / loads of others, and put used paper in a bin and dispose with the usual rubbish if you are concerned. If you don't want to put it in the bin 'loose', then use cheap dog crap bags.

• Greenie 1

11 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

Go Greek / Brazilian / loads of others, and put used paper in a bin and dispose with the usual rubbish if you are concerned. If you don't want to put it in the bin 'loose', then use cheap dog crap bags.

can you then hang it on trees

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

Nappy sacks can be cheaper than doggy bags.

19 minutes ago, Tonka said:

can you then hang it on trees

Its nearly christmas. 

I use baby wipes which get folded after use and put in the fire.

I did a lot of the changing and cleaning when the kids were babies. Actually very clean and hygienic not expensive and easier to store than paper. 

The only things which should go in the lavatory are things which you have had in your mouth. 

Used food products being a typical example. 

4 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Its nearly christmas. 

I use baby wipes which get folded after use and put in the fire.

I did a lot of the changing and cleaning when the kids were babies. Actually very clean and hygienic not expensive and easier to store than paper. 

The only things which should go in the lavatory are things which you have had in your mouth. 

Used food products being a typical example. 

Teeth? Nails? Pens?

5 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Teeth? Nails? Pens?

I don't put pens in my mouth. Others are ok. 

Dog whistles. Hmm maybe this rule doesn't work. Maybe neck not mouth. 

2 minutes ago, MIKE P said:

So whats the best, pump out or Cassette

Incineration. 

1 hour ago, Tonka said:

train yourself to do it at work, in the pub or anywhere else bar your own. Saves loads of money

Used to work with a guy who always used to say... 'ok now to leave my message to the management' as he got up and walked off to the loo!