Red face

Midnight

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

So after over thirty years boating and just getting back to the moorings after an epic journey including the Wash, Thames and Rochdale canal, for the first time - I fell in! 

Embarrassing or what?

Yep. No mattress to break your fall.🤣🤣

• Haha 2

So after over thirty years boating and just getting back to the moorings after an epic journey including the Wash, Thames and Rochdale canal, for the first time - I fell in! 

Embarrassing or what?

Does that make you a "proper boater" at last?!! 

:giggles:

• Greenie 1

Embarrassing or what?

Were you celebrating getting home a bit too soon?

Look on the bright side, you may boat for another thirty years before falling in again. 😜

About 23 yars ago (winter of the new milenium) I slipped in under a bridgehole on the Shroppie. It was proper deep and very cold. Luckily I had someone with me who was able to help me out. Without this assistance and it was a remote area I think it would have been curtains. 

Last time I fell in was in the Thames in mid summer after having one or two cold beers and standing up in the canoe to pass water. One loses one's balance rather easily. 

Splosh. But it was warm and sunny so not a problem and I can reboard the vessel from the water without trouble. 

Edited by magnetman