Gay community

chris69

Featured Posts

On 04/09/2023 at 16:52, mrsmelly said:

Let's be honest the freemasons plug is nonsense. Any one can join the freemasons. You will find that members of the black police officers association are black or a shade of. If some white officer were to start a white police officers association there woul be absolute uproar.

I thought the freemasons did not accept women, or those of certain religious practices, and do they still have ritual humiliation and secret handshakes. What a performance to get promotion.

3 hours ago, NB Esk said:

I wonder if someone may be able to answer my question?  We used to have a different kind of pride in this country, it was known as “ wear your poppy with pride “.  This referenced people who had made a sacrifice in the defence of their country, in some cases becoming mentally or physically disabled, or even paying the ultimate sacrifice.

My question is, if the above people are entitled to just one day per year ( rememberance Sunday ), how come members of LGB are entitled to an entire month?

Both are pride. There is no difference in the meaning of the word: it is the opposite of shame. Someone may take pride in the achievements of people during conflicts. Others may take pride being able to admit their sexual orientation, rather than being "conventionally" ashamed of it.

What anyone wants to do in their private life is no concern of mine. Two adults acting by mutual consent, and not harming anyone else, for example.   

• Greenie 2

18 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

Both are pride. There is no difference in the meaning of the word: it is the opposite of shame. Someone may take pride in the achievements of people during conflicts. Others may take pride being able to admit their sexual orientation, rather than being "conventionally" ashamed of it.

What anyone wants to do in their private life is no concern of mine. Two adults acting by mutual consent, and not harming anyone else, for example.  

Most armed conflict isn't in private and almost always isn't by mutual consent.

I can't see how you can be proud of what others have done. Those who push that view are usually the same ones who refuse to feel shame about their slave owning forebears. But you can't have one without the other. Bit like rights and responsibilities.

You can be proud of yourself, and that's about it . Anything else is just hijacking someone else's achievements for your own self-glorification. Pride marches etc are a reaction to the many, many years when people were told by self righteous bigots that they ought to feel ashamed of themselves, and a statement that they aint, and quite right too.

• Greenie 4

18 minutes ago, The Gravy Boater said:

Is there a group for middle aged white guys who like beer and women?  Asking for a friend...

Yes, you will find them down the Legion, and the Con Club, unfortunately they all have beer guts.

There again, if women don't look smart when they go out, they are described by men as being, frumpy, dowdy, mumsy, badly dressed, daggy, and other negative terms. They may even be judged by their sisters for letting the side down.  Just because they take care of themselves, doesn't mean they do it for you.

4 minutes ago, Peanut said:

There again, if women don't look smart when they go out, they are described by men as being, frumpy, dowdy, mumsy, badly dressed, daggy, and other negative terms. They may even be judged by their sisters for letting the side down.  Just because they take care of themselves, doesn't mean they do it for you.

However I suggest that there is a difference between dressing to look smart, vs dressing to look sexually attractive.

• Greenie 1

Come on @Jen-in-Wellies  can I ask for this to be moved to whichever section you feel appropriate, as not really boating now, put it somewhere, pub? Don’t want this to drag on, as would rather talk boats. You wonder why people cant be arsed on here anymore??

Edited by BoatinglifeupNorth
  • Greenie 2

7 hours ago, NB Esk said:

My question is, if the above people are entitled to just one day per year ( rememberance Sunday ), how come members of LGB are entitled to an entire month?

To be honest I think the whole LGB thing has gotten out of hand, there are far too many letters these days.

It started out as just LBB (Lithium Battery Bores). 

But they've been letting in lots of those chaps with frilly shirts and leather trousers.

I don't think most of the new crowd are even interested in lithiums.  Shocking state of affairs.

4 hours ago, Iain_S said:

They may be making themselves attractive to females ...

Iain, please, we'll have none of that sort of licentious talk. Dammit man, this is a decent forum.

Why I very nearly spilled my whisky reading that salacious filth. 

Nurse will have to give me an extra bromide tablet this evening. No good can come of it sir. 

Edited by Tony1

6 minutes ago, Tony1 said:

To be honest I think the whole LGB thing has gotten out of hand, there are far too many letters these days.

It started out as just LBB (Lithium Battery Bores). 

But they've been letting in lots of those chaps with frilly shirts and leather trousers.

I don't think most of the new crowd are even interested in lithiums.  Shocking state of affairs.

Yeah and naïvely, I always thought the MGBGT club was for enthusiasts of those 1970s sports cars. 

I know more than most that its not always easy to do, but I hope people can keep their tempers in check on this thread. 

So far it has been conducted, at least mostly, in a roughly civilised way. 

There have been disagreements, but people have at least been able to express their differing views in a relatively calm atmosphere. 

I am able to read the viewpoint of people like Tony B, and although I disagree, I know he's a decent guy, and I can begin to see that the views I disagree upon do not come from a bad place, but are maybe more of a generational thing?

But either way, we can engage in a positive dialogue, and who knows, maybe some minds can be changed?

If it all gets too nasty it may get closed, and I think that would be a shame. 

• Greenie 1

36 minutes ago, M_JG said:

I just ignore PD1964 these days, he honestly isnt worth bothering with. Proven by his offensive post above.

Here we go with @M_JG playing the “Good cop, Bad cop” trying to polish his halo as was mentioned on a previous Thread, I’m sure @nicknorman has bigger bollox than you and can fight his own battles and realises it’s a discussion forum.

32 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Well at least I’m not drunk.

Oh are they one and the same, I didn’t realise?

Not drunk and sorry for that little spat, just fed up with what posts like this turn into, no-one is bothered with sexuality as long as you treat each other the way you want to be treated, with respect. Simple as that. Hope your big enough to let it go in one ear and out the other and realise it’s not personal, more frustration with this post.

Edited by BoatinglifeupNorth

Here is a lead chris69 might like to follow up, the Gay Outdoor Club, East Midlands Group, hire a narrow boat, “set sail on a Springtime voyage every year on the Ashby Canal near Hinckley.”

https://www.goc.org.uk/groups/east-midlands/

At least someone there must have an interest in canals, and maybe give you some pointers of where else to look.

https://www.goc.org.uk/event/east-midlands-canal-boat-trip-7/

Edited by Peanut
Add link to trip
  • Greenie 1