Gay community

chris69

Featured Posts

IMO our genetic map is drawn when we are born or conceived, our sexual orientation, along with other things  doesn't really change but as we grow older we hopefully become more self aware and slowly discover ourselves. I say hopefully but it seems some probably don't see, or refuse to see, their true human nature be it sexual or otherwise, instead preferring to stick with what they consider to be their identity. 

1 hour ago, IanD said:

Actually *you're* now the one misrepresenting what the LGBTQ+ community think -- which is that for *some* people sexual orientation/gender isn't really a conscious choice, it's basically the way they are, and is difficult/impossible to change by "re-education" which is why they push back against this. However for others it can change during their lifetime, in either direction -- or back and forth. It's like all the nature/nurture discussions, it turns out that there isn't one single explanation.

As so often this is a complex situation to which the answer is "it depends" -- as in all the discussions about sex/gender, about which much what is said is also misinformed or just plain wrong... 😞 

P.S. This isn't just another "I know all about this, I read it on the Internet" polemic, it's an opinion founded on several long face-to-face discussions with various non-cis people who actually know what they're talking about -- and I certainly didn't understand the situation before doing this, a lot of what I thought I knew turned out to be wrong -- or at least, not entirely correct... 😉 

I'm not trying to represent what the multi-initial "community" think, as there is no such thing I don't consider it relevant. And just because someone is noncis doesn't mean they know any more about it than someone who isn't. Ignorance is the default position of most people, even if they identify as geniuses.

My point was that, rather like CRT's definition of place, who one is attracted to is a function of many, many things, some fixed at birth and some purely cultural. Individual people are scattered all over this "attraction plane" like sand in a desert, all different from each other. If you're very lucky, like the bloke who crashed into a tree in the middle of the Sahara, you meet someone opposite to whatever you are and live happily ever after.

Personally, I can't see anything else matters. Why anyone thinks anyone needs to be "re-educated" out of who they find attractive beats me.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, nb Innisfree said:

I must keep reminding myself that I am unique, just like everyone else. 

"Remember, you are all individuals"

(crowd, all together) "WE ARE ALL INDIVIDUALS!!!"

Good old Monty Python... 😉

• Happy 1