Drift Diary: An app for Continuous Cruisers to log and prove their distance travelled

Tasemu

Featured Posts

Just now, sigsegv said:

Cheers mate, installed. The log photo screen renders the spinning wheel for a couple seconds then I just have a blank page. V1.0.0, app has the necessary permissions (see second image), running Android 13

Screenshot_20230830_165616_Drift Diary.jpg

Screenshot_20230830_165932_Permission controller.jpg

Its highly likely that none of the pictures you have are geotagged, only geotagged pictures are usable for logging location. Its a setting on your phone you will need to turn on in order to start geotagging the photo's you take. :)

2 minutes ago, Tasemu said:

Its highly likely that none of the pictures you have are geotagged, only geotagged pictures are usable for logging location. Its a setting on your phone you will need to turn on in order to start geotagging the photo's you take. :)

Ah yep that's exactly what it was. Sorted, cheers. Might want some sort of default text on that screen if no images are loaded to let the user know.

• 6 months later...
11 hours ago, Redhawk106 said:

I'm interested in this app too, although I've not actually posted enough to be able to DM you. Mainly just been reading the site for information. Can you DM me for my info? I'm a software dev too btw if i can help out.

I cant understand many of your words, please write in English 

Edited by LadyG

43 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Seemed plain enough to me. No need to be rude.

PS "cant" and "can't" are different words. Please write correctly.

Arguably, the error was a 'Freudian slip' . . . 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

App, a thing that runs on a mobile phone or pad, I thought you had one of each

DM, direct message as not enough posts to send one, I thought you were once a mod, sorry Forum moderator, so I thought you may have needed to know that.

Info, Information

software dev develops computer software

BTW, By the Way.

• Greenie 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

Wow, quite surprised by this reply, not the nicest welcome to the forum. You could have just said "can you elaborate on your abbreviations". It's certainly English. But, glad others stepped in to explain, and to show it's not the normal behaviour on the forum to receive such a reply.

As others explained, DM is direct message, but maybe you know it better as PM (Private Message) which is the abbreviation people used before DM. And with typing all this on a mobile phone, abbreviations make things a lot easier. Let us know if you need a link to many other common abbreviations.

And back to the topic in hand, interesting app, hope to hear more!

13 hours ago, Redhawk106 said:

I'm interested in this app too, although I've not actually posted enough to be able to DM you. Mainly just been reading the site for information. Can you DM me for my info? I'm a software dev too btw if i can help out.

Hi mate! We have a slack group with @Tasemu for developers. I think this link should work to join the group
https://join.slack.com/t/boatinggeeks/shared_invite/zt-2fctk6xc2-pwg5ir4YkidrmHTm1_3o3g

1 hour ago, Redhawk106 said:

Wow, quite surprised by this reply, not the nicest welcome to the forum. You could have just said "can you elaborate on your abbreviations". It's certainly English. But, glad others stepped in to explain, and to show it's not the normal behaviour on the forum to receive such a reply.

As others explained, DM is direct message, but maybe you know it better as PM (Private Message) which is the abbreviation people used before DM. And with typing all this on a mobile phone, abbreviations make things a lot easier. Let us know if you need a link to many other common abbreviations.

And back to the topic in hand, interesting app, hope to hear more!

Sorry, having a bad day.

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I Don't know about that - but it is certainly apt ...............

Cant - noun
  1. hypocritical and sanctimonious talk,

Also, the name from vehicle body building for the metalwork where the roof of a box van meets the side, cant rail. I think it is term used for a part of a narrowboat.

1 minute ago, Arthur Marshall said:

We'll let you off. Had a few of them meself. Hope it gets better.

Wanted to set off early, the weather was very gloomy, but sunny now.

Unfortunately a small bunny rabbit appeared inside about ten a.m., by the time I found appropriate catching kit it had disappeared, I can't imagine it has got out by itself. I'll need to continue the search myself as cat is no longer interested.

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

Unfortunately a small bunny rabbit appeared inside about ten a.m., by the time I found appropriate catching kit it had disappeared, I can't imagine it has got out by itself. I'll need to continue the search myself as cat is no longer interested.

You have a caterpillar that eats rabbits?

2 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Also, the name from vehicle body building for the metalwork where the roof of a box van meets the side, cant rail. I think it is term used for a part of a narrowboat.

Cants are the raised parts around the starn deck on a traditional style narrow Boat. Originally made of wood later versions and replacements are generally steel.

Also the box handrails are sometimes called cant handrails. Same thing applies with wood and steel. 

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

rabbit stew for dinner? 🙂 Hope your day improved

• Greenie 1

6 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I Don't know about that - but it is certainly apt ...............

Cant - noun
  1. hypocritical and sanctimonious talk,

I thought cant was an Essex swearword.

Typically used as "You fah'in cant"

The guttural Northern U always sounds more genuinely Anglo Saxon to me ...

Edited by TheBiscuits
spellink

14 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

I thought cant was an Essex swearword.

Typically used as "You fah'in cant"

The guttural Northern U always sounds more genuinely Anglo Saxon to me ...

This is why Brian Cant would never work in Essex ;)