George ward eviction taking place

kris88

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, kris88 said:

I take it they won’t let you in then?

I was a very early member.

1 hour ago, peterboat said:

The In and Out club?

Indeed. Sometimes its best to avoid obviously nutty lying individuals.

Life is too short.

On 21/04/2023 at 10:50, MtB said:

Isn't one of the complaints about Mr Ward that he empties his cassette on the towpath?

I have read such an allegation, but I am not sure that there's any proof.

5 minutes ago, magnetman said:

There is a large STP opposite where the boat is moored

A whatty?

I know STP as a brand of motor oil, which does exude a smell, but of a quite different nature.

3 minutes ago, Athy said:

A whatty?

I know STP as a brand of motor oil, which does exude a smell, but of a quite different nature.

Could be Scientists Training Programme but I guess from the picture it is sewage treatment plant.

• Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, Heartland said:

Ah in the Nineteenth Century sewage was spread over the farm and night soil was carried by boats to the farmers.. Does Mr Ward act like he lived 200 years ago, maybe?

Probably. No licence no BSS no insurance 😩

49 minutes ago, Athy said:

Thanks.

What most people would call a "sewage farm", then.

I think the term "sewage farm" fell out of use donkeys years ago and has been replaced in turn by "sewage works", then "sewage treatment plant" and now "waste water treatment plant".

11 minutes ago, David Mack said:

I think the term "sewage farm" fell out of use donkeys years ago and has been replaced in turn by "sewage works", then "sewage treatment plant" and now "waste water treatment plant".

...or more recently, if news reporting is to be believed, "river".

I'think that both "sewage farm" and "sewage works" are still in use in popular parlance; "sewage treatment plant" would be the official term for such an installation.

36 minutes ago, Athy said:

...or more recently, if news reporting is to be believed, "river".

I'think that both "sewage farm" and "sewage works" are still in use in popular parlance; "sewage treatment plant" would be the official term for such an installation.

Where I was brug up they were knowns as Shitworks! 😄

• Greenie 1

When I briefly took a mooring above Bishop Meadow lock a number of yars ago the natives used the rather well heeled phrase when I questioned the aroma "Its a shit farm mi duck". This was around 20 yars ago and traditions do change but one suspects the same terminology may still be in use in some dialects. 

• Greenie 2

15 minutes ago, magnetman said:

This was around 20 yars ago and traditions do change but one suspects the same terminology may still be in use in some dialects. 

...as, it seems, is "yars", a measure with which I am unfamiliar. Are they like years but shorter?

26 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I thought he was claiming to have both a BSS and a licence for his remaining boat. What he doesn't (possibly can't) do is cruise.

'Celtic' is the one they have towed away, 'March Hare' is the one he is living in.

Carla Boardman from Julian House has asked CRT to stay the eviction if George can insure, licence and obtain a boat safety certificate and a mooring for the March Hare. CRT say only if that can be done today which is almost impossible.

In my world the 38mm 'ose with the pumpout machine at the other end is known as the shitsnake. 

Used food handling. Boaters' favourite subject. it all comes down to one thing at the end of the day.