George ward eviction taking place

kris88

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, dogless said:

This saga has dragged on for over ten years @kriss88 ... what do you think should be done ?

Rog

I’m not sure what the solution is to situations like this. But you would hope the welfare of the boater figures in it somewhere. 

• Greenie 2

2 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

I'm not sure why it should really. CRT are not responsible for his welfare. You can't just break the law blatantly and long term and then say "Oh but i can't afford to comply with the law, you should let me off in the interests of my welfare". Well you can try, but it won't get you very far! And if it did get you very far it would be a recipe for anarchy where anyone could do whatever they want if it was of their perceived benefit to their welfare. I doubt you would be too happy if you came back to your boat to find he'd moved in, and declined to leave because of "his welfare".

How about if you say "But think of the children" instead? 😉

I do wonder if CRT has learned anything from this saga.

This guy has dragged them on for over 10 years.

CRT has rightly tried to get a peaceful resolution, but has then been far too slow to follow up with enforcement.

Apart from all the aggro this guy has been allowed to cause others for all these years, the undue delay has not actually done him any favours.  He may, or may not, be suffering from the problems he claims.  But even if he is, he is now 10 years older and inevitably less able to cope with the situation he has perpetrated.

He would have been far more able to cope with eviction 10 years ago than he is now.

Its very difficult for CRT, but extreme leniency actually makes a bad situation worse, both for themselves, and the perpetrator.

I hope they can learn to rebalance their priorities for the benefit of all concerned.

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

The relevant bits of this story are.

Registered disabled elderly man with mental health issues, living illegally without basic facilities.

If someone under those circumstances poled up onto land not belonging to them and ignoring all rules/guidelines/requests/offers refused to accept intervention; what would happen?

That is all that's relevant.

Boats/canals/CRT/individuals passing by etc. are just confusing the issue.

Local Authorities, Mental Health Teams have a responsibility to work with CRT (if necessary) to resolve his issue.

:o Elderly!!! Hes not even a bloomin pensioner, still a spring chicken.

"Carla Boardman from Julian House has asked CRT to stay the eviction if George can insure, licence and obtain a boat safety certificate and a mooring for the March Hare."

Priceless!  As if CRT haven't stayed the eviction numerous times already to give him just that opportunity!

• Greenie 1

24 minutes ago, David Mack said:

"Carla Boardman from Julian House has asked CRT to stay the eviction if George can insure, licence and obtain a boat safety certificate and a mooring for the March Hare."

Priceless!  As if CRT haven't stayed the eviction numerous times already to give him just that opportunity!

Get them to take him into care then

57 minutes ago, kris88 said:

The term is usually reserved for people who have been criminally convicted of something. 
what has he been convicted of? 

Not really, it means he has committed a crime. Keeping his boat on a waterway for which the law prescribes various things (licence, insurance, BSS) without those things, makes him the perpetrator. Well, unless you are going to argue that he didn't in fact keep his boat on the canal without a licence, insurance or BSS? Good luck going down that path!

• Greenie 3