Wouldn't swap my wife for anything

Rambling Boater

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Ray T said:

Heard at Braunston bottom lock a while ago now: -

Wife: "He can take the b****y boat in himself, I wouldn't want to scratch his precious paint work!"

I don't have a butty. 🙂

(actually the paintwork is crap too due to travelling thousands of miles around the system every year)

• Greenie 1

13 minutes ago, Rambling Boater said:

I don't have a butty. 🙂

(actually the paintwork is crap too due to travelling thousands of miles around the system every year)

Maybe that’s the problem, thousands of miles every year(yeh ok) Maybe she’s fed up with moving so much and wants to see the local area and just enjoy boating at her pace not yours?

You sound like Michael of YouTube minimalist, thrashing around the country to try and do every canal with his wife, while not really seeing what’s around them or truly enjoying it. 

Edited by BoatinglifeupNorth
  • Greenie 2

6 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

Maybe that’s the problem, thousands of miles every year(yeh ok) Maybe she’s fed up with moving so much and wants to see the local area and just enjoy boating at her pace not yours?

You sound like Michael of YouTube minimalist, thrashing around the country to try and do every canal with his wife, while not really seeing what’s around them or truly enjoying it. 

Seconded.

I really don't get this obsession some boaters have with covering enormous distances in the minimum possible numbers of days and boasting about it later, as if it is something to be proud of. 

Savouring the journey and enjoying the landmarks and learning a bit about them is my own preference. I appreciate others see it differently but they are WRONG, lol!! 

• Greenie 2

8 minutes ago, MtB said:

Seconded.

I really don't get this obsession some boaters have with covering enormous distances in the minimum possible numbers of days and boasting about it later, as if it is something to be proud of. 

Savouring the journey and enjoying the landmarks and learning a bit about them is my own preference. I appreciate others see it differently but they are WRONG, lol!! 

Maybe it's still better than spending most of your life on an internet forum?

• Greenie 3

14 hours ago, Rambling Boater said:

Just wanted to say thanks to all of the long suffering wives who have to put up with us male boaters.

😉

It was my wife who was very keen to buy our first boat and also she was very keen for the upgrade to a bigger boat in 2014. Its been very much a shared experience.

• Greenie 1

On 25/03/2023 at 21:48, Rambling Boater said:

Just wanted to say thanks to all of the long suffering wives who have to put up with us male boaters.

😉

Well, did you get your jollies? Cheaper than flowers, unless you work in a graveyard.