• Yes its boring
    • No its not boring.

Featured Posts

18 minutes ago, M_JG said:

Has recently been declared boring.

Do you agree?

Has become boring and has gone off the original title:

Tonic required. Send in your photos of what is nice on the waterways now” 

Has now just become a photo thread with too many holiday snaps of years gone past. Let’s stick with current “Now” photos.

3 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Has become boring and has gone off the original title:

Tonic required. Send in your photos of what is nice on the waterways now” 

Has now just become a photo thread with too many holiday snaps of years gone past. Let’s stick with current “Now” photos.

The word 'now' related to when it was started. The word 'tonic' related to when it was started.

You know in the midst of a pandemic,

Christ on a bike start your own thread if it pisses you off that much.

2 minutes ago, David Mack said:

One of the biggest threads ever posted on the forum and one which has stayed pretty close to the original topic. If you don't want to look at it you don't have to. Just ignore it. What possible benefit to the forum is there by whingeing about it on that thread and on this thread?

Started at a very shit time when people were looking for a bit of positivity.

I look on it every day, and often wish I had more to contribute to it.

I have noticed recently that there appears to be some non-canal/river photographs posted in there and this annoys me a little bit as I have no interest. I even saw some caravan/motorhome pics in there the other day. Still, I managed to scroll on past and didn't need to post about it.

Keep the thread IMHO, although it should be canal/River photos only please.

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

It's not compulsory viewing so why would we want to judge it when it's clearly of interest for so many?  Does the large number of photos cause storage issues for the site? 

Comments about the thread in question started to appear in the thread thus spoiling what so far what has pretty well been undisturbed by negativity.

The purpose of this one is to give the moaners somewhere to moan without cluttering up the picture thread. And to confirm what the majority think and encourage people to keep on posting in there.

What difference does it make where they moan? Also I don't think there's any exclusivity agreement that if they moan on this thread they can't also moan on that one. 

Or should we have dedicated moaning threads for every subject on the forum so that the original threads remain uncluttered? 🤣

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, blackrose said:

What difference does it make where they moan? Also I don't think there's any exclusivity agreement that if they moan on this thread they can't also moan on that one. 

🤣

Yes in my opinion it does matter, otherwise I wouldnt have started this thread.

I also never suggested there was any sort of exclusivity agreement. I had a vain hope people would simply take a hint.

To be honest the thread has got a bit much of one persons photos from different years.  I have thought on several occasions what will happen on this day next year, will we get the same photo but on this day in year -1?? 

• Greenie 2

28 minutes ago, M_JG said:

Yes in my opinion it does matter, otherwise I wouldnt have started this thread.

I also never suggested there was any sort of exclusivity agreement. I had a vain hope people would simply take a hint.

Ok fair enough, we're all entitled to our opinions and in my opinion what you've done just encourages more moaning.

5 minutes ago, blackrose said:

Ok fair enough, we're all entitled to our opinions and in my opinion what you've done just encourages more moaning.

But hopefully here if correct.

14 minutes ago, IanM said:

To be honest the thread has got a bit much of one persons photos from different years.  I have thought on several occasions what will happen on this day next year, will we get the same photo but on this day in year -1?? 

TBH I haven't always stuck to the exact date/day thing.

If I have a what I think is a decent pic. in my collection I stick it up roughly around the same time of year it was taken.

50 minutes ago, M_JG said:

I hoped the same that people would take a hint and stop putting their boring holiday snaps on, like those of them walking down a street, taking a photo of someone taking a photo or walking the dog.

Did you also send a PM to the other people that said it was becoming boring asking them “What exactly is your problem?” or was it just me and because I said it was becoming boring that you jumped on the opportunity to start a poll, that is in reality meaningless?

Just now, PD1964 said:

I hoped the same that people would take a hint and stop putting their boring holiday snaps on, like those of them walking down a street, taking a photo of someone taking a photo or walking the dog.

Did you also send a PM to the other people that said it was becoming boring asking them “What exactly is your problem?” or was it just me and because I said it was becoming boring that you jumped on the opportunity to start a poll, that is in reality meaningless?

Just you because you appeared to be moaning the most.

I must admit I did wonder the point of this thread moaning about moaning on another thread but MJG has clarified the purpose and it does sort of make sense.

It's not uncommon for a perfectly innocent thread that plenty are enjoying to be ruined (?) by bickering, fair enough if you don't like how the thread develops and it should be fair enough to say so but as if often the case it then desends into a morass of snipping.

In effect what's happening is thread drift, it happens and as this one is just there to post pictures for others to enjoy why not just let it drift, don't like it then don't visit and it will continue on in its own sweet way, or maybe start a new thread with defined parameters that suit your requirements 

• Greenie 3

5 hours ago, tree monkey said:

I must admit I did wonder the point of this thread

Well, one thing it has done, albeit by accident, is to rekindle interest in the original "Tonic required" topic. I used top follow that assiduously, but lapsed some time ago. I've just spent a most enjoyable half-hour starting to catch up, and have just reached January.