Do you use a tea pot?

jenevers

Featured Posts

I have an ordinary teabag

The Management - SWMBO - has an herbal teabag

Thus not much scope for a proper teapot....

('cept when tonight's menu is chinese - the a proper chinese style pot and whatever-you-call-them)

My sister bought us a ‘canal decorated’ small teapot from Pewsey Wharf in about 2003. We have used it ever since. We use three tea bags. (One for the pot). Occasionally we make tea in the cup if one of us, not me, fancies a funny tea. Bag in cup, pour in boiling water. Leave for five minutes, do not stir or squeeze the bag. Remove bag and add milk if required. For many years, nearly all my life, I have made tea and slaughtered the tea bags to get the most out of them. The above method gets the same result. But mainly we use the tea pot. We have a big Multi cup tea pot if we have visitors.

18 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

. (One for the pot).

Now there's an expression you don't often meet. I am not a tea drinker but, as a boy, I used to make my parents' morning tea and take it up to them. This was with Ty-phoo leaf tea, and I always put in "one teaspoonful per person and one for the pot".

When I went off to university they bought a Teasmade, thus making me redundant.

12 minutes ago, Athy said:

Now there's an expression you don't often meet. I am not a tea drinker but, as a boy, I used to make my parents' morning tea and take it up to them. This was with Ty-phoo leaf tea, and I always put in "one teaspoonful per person and one for the pot".

When I went off to university they bought a Teasmade, thus making me redundant.

Machines replacing humans ‘all those years ago’!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Machines replacing humans ‘all those years ago’!

Yes, they got rid of the man with the red flag walking in front of the tea-tray too.

•  
11 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

I thought they were boat roof decorations ...

There was a whole thread about that years ago, perhaps before you joined us. If memory serves, displaying one on a cabin roof suggested that the owner was interested in finding a partner - rather like  the army wives on an estate near us when we lived in Sussex who, when their husbands were away with their regiment, displayed a packet of Omo in their kitchen window.

16 minutes ago, Athy said:
  •  

There was a whole thread about that years ago, perhaps before you joined us. If memory serves, displaying one on a cabin roof suggested that the owner was interested in finding a partner - rather like  the army wives on an estate near us when we lived in Sussex who, when their husbands were away with their regiment, displayed a packet of Omo in their kitchen window.

Old Man Overseas. There were thousands around Naval married quarters as well. Never found them. I looked, but never found any!

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Old Man Overseas. There were thousands around Naval married quarters as well. Never found them. I looked, but never found any!

:)Is the OMO thing true or just an urban myth, it does sound a bit too good to be true

Loose tea in a pot here. Suspect that the bag bit of tea bags is mostly plastic as they don't rot down when composted at all. Since tea is my drug of choice going to loose leaf is my bit for reducing plastic use. Tea strainers used to be rubbish when I was a little un and left you straining the leaves out with your teeth. You can now get very fine mesh non-rubbish tea strainers.

Jen ?

• Greenie 2

4 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

:)Is the OMO thing true or just an urban myth, it does sound a bit too good to be true

Alledgedly yes. But as I said above never saw it my self. Of course it was one of the popular soap powders at the time. Not sure Tide had a meaning or Persil even. (Keep away from small children). I put that as it makes me giggle at the end of today’s washing detergent adverts.

14 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Alledgedly yes. But as I said above never saw it my self. Of course it was one of the popular soap powders at the time. Not sure Tide had a meaning or Persil even. (Keep away from small children). I put that as it makes me giggle at the end of today’s washing detergent adverts.

I do hope it's real, it's a very cool story and yes agreed about the H&S bumf. 

I now will be on the look out for a box of OMO ;)

19 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Tea strainers used to be rubbish when I was a little un and left you straining the leaves out with your teeth.

Your teeth don't look any the worse for it in your photo Jen...  :P

50 minutes ago, Athy said:
  •  

In Greek villages you often see brass door knockers in the shape of a hand.  If the hand is not wearing a ring it means, supposedly, that there is an unmarried woman in the house.  I think there is a more subtle code depending which finger the ring is displayed, but I've never found out what it is :)

• Greenie 1

46 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Loose tea in a pot here. Suspect that the bag bit of tea bags is mostly plastic as they don't rot down when composted at all. Since tea is my drug of choice going to loose leaf is my bit for reducing plastic use. Tea strainers used to be rubbish when I was a little un and left you straining the leaves out with your teeth. You can now get very fine mesh non-rubbish tea strainers.

Jen ?

I have aways said tea bags contain the sweeping of the factory floor.   Mrs J was talking to a tea taster one day and told him.  His reply  "he might be further wrong".

I totally agree unless you specifically buy biodegradble tea bags which are few abd far between the contain plastic.