Looks like VNC has gone tits

Featured Posts

51 minutes ago, haggis said:

Thanks for your explanations RichM and while I don't pretend to understand it  I am very much in awe of your technical knowledge on the subject. Many moons ago I was a programmer and systems analyst in PLAN (bet most folk have never heard of it) running the PAYE system for the whole of Scotland in the Inland Revenue on an ICL  mainframe which was updated from 16K to 32K.  That has nothing to do with CWDF but it just came into my mind so I thought I would share it! 

haggis

I vote Haggis for the next Tech Admin!?

• Greenie 2

53 minutes ago, haggis said:

Thanks for your explanations RichM and while I don't pretend to understand it  I am very much in awe of your technical knowledge on the subject. Many moons ago I was a programmer and systems analyst in PLAN (bet most folk have never heard of it) running the PAYE system for the whole of Scotland in the Inland Revenue on an ICL  mainframe which was updated from 16K to 32K.  That has nothing to do with CWDF but it just came into my mind so I thought I would share it! 

haggis

32K! your lot splashed out a whole 32k, extravagant that's what I call it

:)

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I vote Haggis for the next Tech Admin!?

Agreed, the skill to handle that level of IT power, I am sure it would be a doddle to handle a forum full of grumpy old sods

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

32K! your lot splashed out a whole 32k, extravagant that's what I call it

:)

You must remember this was in Scotland where we have the reputation of not spending money  ? . 

haggis

• Greenie 2

48 minutes ago, haggis said:

You must remember this was in Scotland where we have the reputation of not spending money  ? . 

haggis

But give some credit to Yorkshire folk,for it was them that taught the Scots to be thrifty.

The evidence is on Princes Street in Edinburgh where there is a branch of every Yorkshire building society.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, tree monkey said:

Is it working for anyone?

It either works for everyone or it doesn't work at all.  The separate program that provides the search facility and activity streams (including View New Content) has fallen over and needs a good kicking to get it back up.

This is a regular occurrence and why the site needs a technical administrator since RichM stopped doing it.