Another series of lows and Storm Dennis

matty40s

Featured Posts

The river is coming up the drains on the other side of the builders yard, river is still going up here, however at kilnhurst it is very high nearly at the record high in Nov last year! They have to start dredging rivers and knocking down houses and businesses that continually flood!

18 minutes ago, Markinaboat said:

If I didn't have to go away with work, I'd pop in. 

Yer welcome anytime. Drop me a pm and I can organise bar anytime. We'll I say anytime not going to be here so much now as having to care 24 hours a day for mum who has had a fall that's basically done for her indepence. 

• Greenie 1

Wye at Builth Wells was at 5.02mtrs last night, the highest ever recorded.
All railway routes out of Shrewsbury closed this morning.

Most of the routes out of Welshpool closed this morning and the Severn reported as higest ever. They released 4mtrs of water out of Clywedog Wednesday and Thursday and that level has already been refilled and they are still releasing lots.

And currently the sun is shining!

17 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

Wye at Builth Wells was at 5.02mtrs last night, the highest ever recorded.
All railway routes out of Shrewsbury closed this morning.

Most of the routes out of Welshpool closed this morning and the Severn reported as higest ever. They released 4mtrs of water out of Clywedog Wednesday and Thursday and that level has already been refilled and they are still releasing lots.

And currently the sun is shining!

It's a complete and utter mess Graham our levels are just going down, the local railway line would be better running electric boats by overhead lines! They have to start dredging rivers never mind flood defenses 

• Greenie 1

The Fossdyke is high today although it has been higher. But "high tide" wont be until later today.

20200216-102343.jpg

Hazelford Weir is level.

20200216-125204.jpg

20200216-125159.jpg

20200216-125154.jpg

There is still plenty of standing water on the roads and in the fields to make it's way into the river. And the ditches are all full to the brim.

This is the Salwarpe in Vines Park, Droitwich this morning. The level peaked this afternoon a little higher than in the photo but not sufficient to overtop into the canal which is beyond the grass on the right hand side of shot and is just visible to the left of the man walking his dog. The river level is significantly higher than the canal, it’s normally the other way round. It’s sufficiently high to overtop the flood lock so the canal is helping to reduce the river level. Thankfully the volumes are within the capacity of the bywash weirs and the canal level isn’t too much higher than normal. Hanbury Road lock is also being over topped by water coming from the Body Brook below lock 6 but the canal through the M5 tunnel is still well over a metre above the Salwarpe. I haven’t seen a notice from CRT to say the navigation is closed but it most definitely isn’t navigable.

It’s now raining again for the first time in a few hours so it could get higher still.

9B299CE9-AE6D-45EE-88DF-05142A23E133.jpeg

Edited by Captain Pegg

9 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Yer welcome anytime. Drop me a pm and I can organise bar anytime. We'll I say anytime not going to be here so much now as having to care 24 hours a day for mum who has had a fall that's basically done for her indepence. 

Congratulations on getting to 6000!

16 hours ago, peterboat said:

It's a complete and utter mess Graham our levels are just going down, the local railway line would be better running electric boats by overhead lines! They have to start dredging rivers never mind flood defenses 

Dredging doesn't work. Here at Ironbridge the river is up about 5.5 m, If the river was 5.5m deeper it would make no difference to the surface level unless you dredged it 5.5m deeper all the way to the sea, all you would achieve is a great big hole in the bottom of the river. Straightening the river might make a very small difference but if all the river upstream of here was straightened the flood would just get here a few hours quicker. If you straightened, culverted, and dredged the river it would only work if you took a few metres out of the sea bed all over the planet. I'm afraid the only thing that will work is to get rid of aircraft, cars, fossil fuels, timber use, industry, factories economic growth and live in mud huts.