Jump to content

Manual black water pump out kit.any advice lol


Featured Posts

So does anyone gave any experience of these please

Manual Toilet Waste Pump Kit Whale For Boats c/w Sanitation

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Manual+Toilet+Waste+Pump+Kit+Whale+For+Boats+c/w+Sanitation&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

Manual Toilet Waste Pump Kit Whale For Boats c/w Sanitation Hose 4m etc

 

would like any advice, apart from stay well clear lol

i have a cassette toilet, and now a pump out that I will test by filling with water, and making sure the pump out works.

i haven’t got a engine, so getting to a pump out would be man power, which I can’t phisicaly do.

 

so yes this would be the next best thing

 

col

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The hard part is getting the kit set up so you can actually do a pump out.  It is not much use as it comes.  The pump needs mounting on a board ( or to the boat ) so  you can  keep the pump still while you pump.  That makes storage harder cos the pump is now quite big, or permanently mounted to your boat with hoses attached.  Then the outlet hose loose end needs a device to secure it to the sani-station receptacle.  If you leave it loose sooner or later it will come out and you will dose most of the  the sani-station with your effluent.  This will not endear you to fellow boaters and you will probably not enjoy having to clean it up.  The hose end clamp will probably get covered in cr@p so design it so it is easy to clean.

 

Rinse the hose and pump well, then rinse it again.  Otherwise it will soon start to chuck up rather, especially if it is warm.

 

On the other hand if it is a fairly large tank you will not need the gym that week.

 

N

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The suction hose is (has to be rigid) so does not roll up very tightly or small, you need to be able to remove it from the pump for flushing thru and somewhere 'out of the way' to store it as it will still smell.

The discharge hose can be flexible (like fire hose) and will roll up relatively tightly - but how long will you have it ? and how will you flush it thru' ?

If you have (say) a 25 metre hose what happens when the sani-station is 30 metres away from the boat ?, similarly if you have 50 metres and its 75 metres away, OR,

Are you proposing to discharge into 20 litre containers and carry it to the elsan ? - In which case what is the benefit over a cassette system, where you are carrying 1x 20 litres every 3 or 4 days, instead of  20 x 20 litre containers and making 20 trips 'all in one go' every 2 months.

 

Both of our boats have a self-pump out 'kit' installed but one is used on the Sea, and the other on a river where sewage discharge is allowed.

For the canals the only good option is a cassette system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blackrose said:

My advice is don't do it! Using a self pump out kit is the very worst of both worlds.

I couldn't agree more, the question I'd ask myself is where would I store 4 metres of hose that has just been used for pumping sh*t? Preferably not on my boat:sick:.

 

To increase capacity I'd prefer to just get more cassettes which are at least hygienic to store. How many cassettes can fit into the space that will be needed for a black water storage tank?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

I couldn't agree more, the question I'd ask myself is where would I store 4 metres of hose that has just been used for pumping sh*t? Preferably not on my boat

That's what a Butty is designed for and named after innit!:)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I think the unanimous advice is DONT - STAY WELL CLEAR>

iirc there was a self pumpout kit in as new condition for sale on this forum a year or three ago, about fifty quid and took ages to sell!! A bit like bagless vacuum cleaners, nearly everybody fell for the rubbish idea for years and I saw an advert for a new vac on tv last night saying it had a nice easy strong disposable bag so no more messy emptying........doh......why do you think Ive always used a henry  ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just buy a manual bilge pump and either visit machine mart for some pipe or use an internet auction site of your choice.  You don’t need a 1 1/2 inch pump if you have a macerator bog.  You do need to think about how you connect to the pump out fitting (female bsp) with the suction hose. 

 

Sounds like ypu could pump pump into your cassette to take to the Elsan  point...

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jonathanA said:

Just buy a manual bilge pump and either visit machine mart for some pipe or use an internet auction site of your choice.  You don’t need a 1 1/2 inch pump if you have a macerator bog.  You do need to think about how you connect to the pump out fitting (female bsp) with the suction hose. 

 

Sounds like ypu could pump pump into your cassette to take to the Elsan  point...

Or, to make things simpler and less 'handling' just use the cassette toilet in the first place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

We've got one on our boat. Never used it. I always pay a little man to pump ours out. Far less stressful. 

Have you got an engine, or does "Two-Loos LauTrec" come to you ?

 

Image result for pump out boat  two loos

 

 

Image result for pump out boat  two loos

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Unusual to see unanimity on this forum - especially on the subject of marine 'sanitation'.

I tried the manual pump idea using  LeeSan kit.  The handle was too short, so you had to bend down coupled with the fact that the base had to be secured making the angles of effort impossible.

Bought an electric kit instead.

Much better. Effortless waste removal - until we looked at the discharge point where the 'pulsation of poo' had made the pipe come out of the hole.....

Not used again.

 

I still use the pump for other jobs around the house.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

Unusual to see unanimity on this forum - especially on the subject of marine 'sanitation'.

I tried the manual pump idea using  LeeSan kit.  The handle was too short, so you had to bend down coupled with the fact that the base had to be secured making the angles of effort impossible.

Bought an electric kit instead.

Much better. Effortless waste removal - until we looked at the discharge point where the 'pulsation of poo' had made the pipe come out of the hole.....

Not used again.

 

I still use the pump for other jobs around the house.... 

I am an advocate of composting bogs, its obvious to me they make sense ?

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Horror 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

We've got one on our boat. Never used it. I always pay a little man to pump ours out. Far less stressful. 

If he is a ‘little man’ how does he reach the discharge fitting.  Must be a real a pain in the arris for him ?

My boat came with a self pump out which has a ‘huge’ motor to pump the crap out.  Never used it and no intention of ever using it

?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dartagnan said:

If he is a ‘little man’ how does he reach the discharge fitting.  Must be a real a pain in the arris for him ?

My boat came with a self pump out which has a ‘huge’ motor to pump the crap out.  Never used it and no intention of ever using it

?

Discharge fitting is on the gunnel. Easy for even a very little man.?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.