Photos of other members boats.

AllanW

Featured Posts

When is a boat not a boat? When it's a windsock?

If you want to to see which way the wind is blowing, before you go to the launderette hold one of your dirty socks up on a bamboo stick, arm outsretched upwards to catch the breeze. If, when you pull the stick back down and the sock has gone, that suggests 'Tornado'.

You've been reading too much Bizzard!

Good Morning Mr Bunbury

Seen this fellow today just above Choldomdeston Lock....haven't seen him since Harecastle two years ago!

DSCI0001.JPG

Well if you had looked sideways into Venetian, you may have seen Helvetia, taking a well earned rest from our North West cruise

• 5 weeks later...

IMG_4315-L.jpg

Fulbourne and Matty40S last Friday at Kilby Bridge (Before the Fulbourne crew had got up!)

Tim

I see someone boats with their fenders down!

To be fair though from the look of that rather precarious rope up the cabin side, I'm guessing he was only in process of making quite a small move.

I see someone boats with their fenders down!

To be fair though from the look of that rather precarious rope up the cabin side, I'm guessing he was only in process of making quite a small move.

I'm actually more intrigued by the cow in the background - very precarious to the edge of the canal by the looks of itclapping.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are 2 photos of Kevin (Biggles) Wade, his wife Debbie and their lovely dogs on their wide beam "Avalon" that Kevin wrote about during the finishing of of the hull and of the fit out.

They're having a good time cruising the French canals for which they've adapted their boat with some extra bollards at better places, and even an Anchor with a decent winch.

It was a compete surprise to see their boat tied up at Chatillon-Coligny while crossing a bridge on my planned trip to Briare where I didn't get to, as Kevin and Debbie invited me to stay for dinner.

I was most impressed to see the nice job Kevin had made of the Inside, very comfortable and light, a nice boat to be on.

fb81bad376d1f5f653bb31564f65616e.jpg

22d896b1070ad2951160e1774116af4d.jpg

Peter.

Here are 2 photos of Kevin (Biggles) Wade, his wife Debbie and their lovely dogs on their wide beam "Avalon" that Kevin wrote about during the finishing of of the hull and of the fit out.

They're having a good time cruising the French canals for which they've adapted their boat with some extra bollards at better places, and even an Anchor with a decent winch.

It was a compete surprise to see their boat tied up at Chatillon-Coligny while crossing a bridge on my planned trip to Briare where I didn't get to, as Kevin and Debbie invited me to stay for dinner.

I was most impressed to see the nice job Kevin had made of the Inside, very comfortable and light, a nice boat to be on.

fb81bad376d1f5f653bb31564f65616e.jpg

22d896b1070ad2951160e1774116af4d.jpg

Peter.

Hello Peter

It was great to finally meet you the other day, you are welcome anytime.. So here is my WBNB that so many people here said was unsuitable for the French waterways.

I would have to strongly disagree.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I saw a very nice boat belonging to a CWDF member in Droitwich this lunchtime. I took a couple of photos but I don't feel comfortable posting them as I don't know the owner. Maybe they will 'own up'?

The hotel boat Earlswood was also moored up with the guests 'enjoying' a very wet scene.

JP

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_4315-L.jpg

Fulbourne and Matty40S last Friday at Kilby Bridge (Before the Fulbourne crew had got up!)

Tim

Dont blame them for moving those old boats are so noisy and dirty and oily i wouldnt wanna say anywhere near them.

How do you know when its a members boat?

Dont blame them for moving those old boats are so noisy and dirty and oily i wouldnt wanna say anywhere near them.

How do you know when its a members boat?

Bend over and we will show you. ;)

Mainly it's memory for me. If I see Towy again I'll know it's a members boat.

Edited by mark99

Bend over and we will show you. ;)

Mainly it's memory for me. If I see Towy again I'll know it's a members boat.

If you do see it youll have to go past out of gear dont want you thinking your going to sink the old bit of floating fire wood.

Met the owner of this boat this afternoon at Braunston, a very friendly gentleman. I will leave him to identify himself if he wishes.

Also had a fascinating chat with Tom Chaplin in the marina. Not actually "IN" the marina but you get the gist.

Edited by Ray T

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately no photos (I can't steer and take pictures on my phone in bright sunlight), but I saw "Emily Anne" moored opposite "The Gate" pub in Tamworth, "Tawny Owl" moored in Glascote Basin and "Kelpy" moored at Streethay Wharf during today's cruise.

If you do see it youll have to go past out of gear dont want you thinking your going to sink the old bit of floating fire wood.

Oh bugger, I was in gear as I went past it today.

I didn't see it go down!

• 3 months later...

Met the owner of this boat this afternoon at Braunston, a very friendly gentleman. I will leave him to identify himself if he wishes.

DSCF2624.JPG

Also had a fascinating chat with Tom Chaplin in the marina. Not actually "IN" the marina but you get the gist.

Only just spotted this one of my boat.

Only just spotted this one of my boat.

We passed Mr. Bunbury on our travels this summer -perhaps at Braunston or Sutton's? I called out, but there appeared to be no one at home.

Is there more than one Mr. Bunbury?