Photos of other members boats.

AllanW

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, frahkn said:

It can't be you, the thread title is  "...other members boats".

3 hours ago, Terryb said:

Oops. 

Well if Terryb was steering his boat, it must have been someone else taking the photos, so OK to be in this section after all. ?

• Horror 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

As seen on Facebook @dmr today

image.png.9968b8cb5e27fae04b2f5dc9dea2dcfb.png

The young lady concerned is doing a pretty courageous refit. More importantly do you like the scumbling/graining round our sign-writing? It was getting pretty rough so one of the lock down projects was to sand it all off, back to bare metal in places, and redo the whole lot. I did the hard work and Gillie did the graining, she got a free lesson from Dave Moore a couple of years ago.

............Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

A canal equivalent of Where's Wally. Spot @dmr

Its looks cold up there, in fact it is cold, -6 last night and still -5.5 first thing this morning.,

I had to use a fair bit of zoom but I can see us.

A fine spot for a lock down

...........Dave

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just met Scribendi on the L&L, en route to her winter mooring, I mentioned I too was a boater, and soon found myself a borrower of three short story books. 

As a regular, if reluctant cmoorer, I will be dabbling in to the short stories over the next few months. 

Scribendi is the largest short story library in E&W, definitely a one off. 😍

https://superslowway.org.uk › projects
Small Bells Ring | Super Slow Way

Edited by LadyG

On 13/08/2021 at 22:54, Stroudwater1 said:

I see Scribendi is moored opposite- worth a look , it’s very different. It’s a floating library 

BE86C847-BCDC-4A31-84A4-EA18569AB1F8.jpeg

C3F0762D-C6E5-4261-8231-CB3B021286A1.jpeg

Currently wintering on the L&L, West of Skipton, give them a shout if you fancy borrowing a coupe of books 😊

10 hours ago, LadyG said:

Currently wintering on the L&L, West of Skipton, give them a shout if you fancy borrowing a coupe of books 😊

They have done fairly well to get there, on the evening of 20th  November she was unoccupied and still in Coventry basin. 

The owner  said she was a novice boater in the Summer and did scrape a fair bit on the way down. 

48 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

They have done fairly well to get there, on the evening of 20th  November she was unoccupied and still in Coventry basin. 

The owner  said she was a novice boater in the Summer and did scrape a fair bit on the way down. 

I suspect they have been road transported if they are on the bit of the L&L between two long term stoppages, both of which started before November ...

12 hours ago, Stroudwater1 said:

Its been there for weeks, maybe CRT have given it to them as a winter mooring the same as the ex working boat moored beside it. It has been there since 13 August 

image.png.55412f1e0dc2f5701c17eb40935ec120.png

Edited by ditchcrawler

12 hours ago, Stroudwater1 said:

It was still there on the 24 November

She was there all Summer as part of the City of Culture experience, canny really. I think they came down in July we saw them in late July and they had recently navigated down  and have been up and down a bit to Hawkesbury as part of the Culture idea. Its a novel idea 😄

11 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

I suspect they have been road transported if they are on the bit of the L&L between two long term stoppages, both of which started before November ...

According to the plan in May she was meant to be in Accrington later this year. I dont know the L&L well enough, what stoppage was on the Leeds side to stop them cruising up that side to Skipton? Looks like Accrington is out though? 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/19330266.first-look-inside-floating-library-featuring-collection-short-stories/ She was morred