Insurance

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, BEETLE MANIAC said:

Can anyone recommend a company to insure my boat with thanks

I am sure that all insurance companies would thank you for the business:)

i have used Towergate Mardon for a number of years and have always been happy with them.

Howard

Edited by howardang

3 minutes ago, howardang said:

I am sure that all insurance companies would thank you for the business:)

i have used Towergate Mardon for a number of years and have always been happy with them.

Howard

+1

10 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

Only ever had 2 companies and no claims so Its hard to recommend but I've used Craftinsure for 18 years without any cause to complain, or difficulties.

+1

The cheapest insurance company is the best until you need to claim. Then the one that pays our fastest with the least hassle is the best. The two might well not be the same company. 

Hi, I just took out a policy with Craftinsure. The application process was very quick and simple via their online portal and you can access your documents easily online too. The premium was very competitive too. I saw a few reviews for them online and most were positive with a few negatives.

As to how good they will be in the event of a claim I cant say but whoever you insure with they will only ever pay out if they are entirely obliged to do so by the letter of the policy. 

• Greenie 1

I insured my Beetle with MS Amlin, comprehensive cover for £105, but that included a marina discount and maximum no claims bonus, although I could not prove the ncb as my other boat is with a French company who don't show it on the renewal notice.   Easily arranged with a phone call.

41 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

I asked Newton Crum for a quote years ago but unless I could fit an "Immobilising device" they would not insure my boat.

I wonder what device would immobilise a boat against theft? And still  make the boat usable?

Removable prop? ?

21 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

I asked Newton Crum for a quote years ago but unless I could fit an "Immobilising device" they would not insure my boat.

I wonder what device would immobilise a boat against theft? And still  make the boat usable?

I've insured my marina-based 45' narrow boat with them since I bought it in August 2015 and they haven't asked for that.

Maybe it's only for certain types of boat