Just in time for Easter

matty40s

Featured Posts

15 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

I have three bags of coal lurking around on the front deck getting in the way which won't yet fit in the coal bunker. They were bought anticipating that we'd use that much or a bit more before the end of heating season, thus leaving the coal bunker full for use on odd cold nights and as a start next autumn.   Sod's law therefore decrees that it turn hot very soon, and the coal will be getting in the way all summer.

MP.

Dump it in the cut at Minworth ;)

Edited by WotEver
Repeated posts
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Im going insane stuck in these marinas how the hell do peeps do it full time for years on end?

We have stuck at it for ten years by spending as little time as possible on the berth we pay through the nose for :)

8 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Latest figures are that everywhere including the soar is dropping EXCEPT the poxy Trent at Shardlow which is still well in reds and risen slightly again :banghead:

A few days of dry weather and it will have come down enough for you to get going.

5 hours ago, MoominPapa said:

I have three bags of coal lurking around on the front deck getting in the way which won't yet fit in the coal bunker. They were bought anticipating that we'd use that much or a bit more before the end of heating season, thus leaving the coal bunker full for use on odd cold nights and as a start next autumn.   Sod's law therefore decrees that it turn hot very soon, and the coal will be getting in the way all summer.

Whilst it may warm up in the next few days, I dont think we have seen the last of cold nights and you may well use up a couple of bags before the 'real' summer sets in. We are down to our last bag and I am guessing will need a couple more to get us to the end of May.

2 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Whilst it may warm up in the next few days, I dont think we have seen the last of cold nights and you may well use up a couple of bags before the 'real' summer sets in. We are down to our last bag and I am guessing will need a couple more to get us to the end of May.

Agreed. Summer starts proper at the end of May when family commitments have finished and we can get on with some proper boating.

Very inconvenient family arranging gatherings at this time of year. Not a happy bunny :(

2 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Left the stove closed down this morning when we went out in the car, just got back to the boat and it is like a sauna as the sun has been out all day.

We let stove go out yesterday and just used weberrsplogger for an hour this  morning. Stove still unlit  but warm int boat.  may need splogger for an hour later. Great escape tommoz?

I am going to head back to the Boat later , I have Four Bags of Excel Coal on the Front Deck and I am wondering if I have over ordered ,

nothing worse than cruising during the Summer with bags of unused coal on the deck . Apologies Moomin Papa I failed to notice you said

the same thing earlier 

Edited by Parahandy

8 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

We let stove go out yesterday and just used weberrsplogger for an hour this  morning. Stove still unlit  but warm int boat.  may need splogger for an hour later. Great escape tommoz?

Turned our Webasto off last week. Not had it on yet this weekend.

Narrowboat behind and fugly dutch barge monstrosity in front are spewing out foul smelling smoke from the chimneys. 

Must be cold on them steel boats.

Shorts and t shirt weather on Naughty-Cal!

Someone posted that the SSA was cancelled a few days ago, and it was OK to start cruising.

There are newbies stuck on the river that don't need someone feeding them false information, flood warnings off, SSA still on!

9 hours ago, Chop! said:

Someone posted that the SSA was cancelled a few days ago, and it was OK to start cruising.

There are newbies stuck on the river that don't need someone feeding them false information, flood warnings off, SSA still on!

It is up to each individual to decide if river conditions are suitable for them and their level of knowledge and skill.

They can't blame other people for their lack of knowledge and being stuck!

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

It is up to each individual to decide if river conditions are suitable for them and their level of knowledge and skill.

They can't blame other people for their lack of knowledge and being stuck!

They shouldn't but they will! :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...