Just in time for Easter

matty40s

Featured Posts

Its getting  even damper ere at moment. Still no where near as bad as in the past BUT Cranfleet cut doesnt exist anymore at the soar end. And the Trent is interesting.

WP_20180403_08_21_14_Pro.jpg

WP_20180403_08_21_20_Pro.jpg

WP_20180403_08_21_37_Pro.jpg

WP_20180403_08_24_55_Pro.jpg

Edited by mrsmelly

28 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I dont think anyone will be getting under Eckington Bridge for a day or two either....

https://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/locations/eckington

I like checking the farson cams, Avon Lock has almost disappeared as well. When we drove across the M5 bridge over the Avon on Friday the river was within the banks but crossing again yesterday the water was back across the fields.

3 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Lovely sunny morning here but river is still rising :(

Been keeping an eye on the EA website.

Trent still coming up. Fossdyke seems to have peaked and is heading back down again but unsurprisingly the Witham is rising and is currently semi tidal from Kirkstead to Boston.

Don't think we will be going far, if anywhere this weekend either. :(

Might be the weekend to service the engine.

At last!
It's dropping here in York. It's our 4th day of being marooned on this pontoon. Friends came yesterday brought gas and essentials. Flung a rope across to the walls and dragged the stuff across. 

receding-4.jpg.ccf474e9da5ff0efef8d7d20830d234a.jpg

receding-5.jpg

Water levels back to normal on the Fossdyke and dropping back down to normal along the Witham.

Trent is still very high though. Don't think the flood gates will be coming off at Torksey this weekend. Maybe by the end of next week.

4 minutes ago, Rickent said:

All back to normal now in Barrow Upon Soar. We donated all our water to Mrsmelly.:ninja:

Still on reds ere.I am somewhat hopeful for tomorrow afternoon though.

23 hours ago, Mrs Trackman said:

Anyone know if cranfleet are off yet? Hoping to go this afternoon.

They were still on when you sent your post which I have just seen so I hope they were open by the time you got there. Loads of us moved yesterday at last but we couldnt go north due to cranfleet.

1 hour ago, Mrs Trackman said:

We didn't move as heard still 2 inches in red at Derwent mouth and Beeston lock still had loads debris. A boat came through beeston lock this morning but may have only come from the Trent itself. 

Its absolutely fine now. We went up to sawley yesterday and no problems. Derwent mouth is way down into the amber now with lots of boats moving each way.