Anyone Lit Their Stoves Yet?

Retardedrocker

Featured Posts

I've noticed lit stoves (or the smoke therefrom) here and there since about the beginning of the month. The most surprising instance was an old wooden boat moored a couple of locks above Cropredy, which looked abandoned - but I saw a plume of smoke rising from its chimney, so I guess someone must be camping out in it.

Doubtless all the boats in question were owned by Southerners.

We had winter about three days ago. Very wet and cold. Lit the fire, and had a 'hot' evening. Temperature wise!!!

Been tempted since but resisting. Only half a bag of coal. Not gone into grown up trousers yet. Still in the shorts and sandles.

My boots are ready, but not yet.

Martyn

i wish i could, still fitting the bloody thing.

Did have the heating on for half hour the other night to take the chill off, have also noticed the mornings a little colder.

Off on holiday tomorrow so expecting it to feel cold when i get back!

We are off on holiday tomorrow and looking at the weather forecasts it looks like we will be making full use of the heating in the lodge we have hired. Some chilly evenings forecast for during the week.

Probably lit about 6 times so far this month to take the chill off in the late evening. Used about 2ft of 9" logs so far. The coal bags on the roof have suffered from UV damage since the spring and I've had to decant the contents into spare ones.

I think this may be an argument for delaying the lighting of the fire.

My. Comment was to say just that, even though the fare was just about ticking over it wasn't cold enough to justify. Probably felt damp rather than cold. (It wasn't damp) you know what I mean.

My. Comment was to say just that, even though the fare was just about ticking over it wasn't cold enough to justify. Probably felt damp rather than cold. (It wasn't damp) you know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm mostly finding that first thing in the morning, that's about 5.30 to me.

I still have all the windows open (no, not because I think I'm tough) and the nights are beginning to get a little watery.

T.