In Love with River Trent and Soar.

Featured Posts

Never been on these waters before until weekend. We went on the Trent on Sunday which is beautiful, and then turned onto the Soar which I think is equally beautiful. Turned round at Pilling Lock owing to time constraints then we stopped at Loughborough basin today and filled the boat with food and drink. Off to Nottingham next. Loving it :)

Definitely will continue down the Soar next trip.

I was down there for first time at the start of the month was really nice, the only small not so nice section being just to the north of Leicester. So much junk in water,picked up bit or sari around prop...how apt. Apart than that really pleasent.

I was down there for first time at the start of the month was really nice, the only small not so nice section being just to the north of Leicester. So much junk in water,picked up bit or sari around prop...how apt. Apart than that really pleasent.

I once got a sari around our prop in Birmingham. One of the worst things to get off I've had. The complete garment in high quality material.

Bob

Our home territory too. The Soar is beautiful, and yet so many fear it. But there are plenty of good mooring sections even if it floods.

We also have some great places to visit along its length....and the best boaters live along it of course ;)

Yep the Soar is a lovely place to be. Our home mooring is Rothley near Cossington lock, this is our first year living aboard so nice here we took our summer holiday cruse early so that we have the summer to sit on our mooring :)

Ive spent a few months on the Leicester arm this year. The soar upto and after the city is beautiful. However care around Belgrave is needed, poluted and smelly. With lovely places to moor at Birstal, Syston, Mountsorrel, Barrow, Loughborough. Nice places to visit like Abbey Gardens the Space centre, I cant recommend it more highly. As I'm still on my way to the Trent, give me a wave if you see me.

Slightly smug also, as the Soar is our base.

We will be out and about this weekend as we are off on a slow trip to Shardlow and back for the bank holiday.

Terry - said hello to you a couple of weekends ago when we saw you near Barrow deep

Rickent - did we follow each other all the way round the Leicester ring?

Think I saw you couple of times before we got the other side of Burton on Trent.

Yes, we pretty much followed each other from Sawley. Past you a couple of times. Saw you moored up on the Ashby as we were coming back down. We got to Leicester on the Friday and moored up at Friars Mills until Sunday morning.

I can't believe no-one has mentioned the dangers of the Cossington Crocodile bask, the rip-tides below Mountsorrel and the Zouch Triangle where boats have entered and never been seen again.

Be aware everyone, all it not as it seems.....

Oh, and if it floods badly, get above a lock and not below.

Love it reallyclapping.gif