Lit the stove again!!

peterboat

Featured Posts

Its nearly July and today I lit the Rayburn again!! last night I had my oil fired Bubble stove on for a couple of hours. Is it me or is it really colder? and as another thought here in South Yorkshire the weather this year has been just like 2007 when we had the floods, so if that the case early July we are in for a bit of a clean out again Bugger!!

• Greenie 1

its shocking isnt it? This time last year we were at the Tring summit and it was a proper heatwave, a friend was staying with us. I actually had a really bad asthma attack when we worked through Berko as it was so damn hot.

I recall our dog, who usually hates getting wet, wading in the shallow bywashes outside Hemel to stay cool.

I'd love a heatwave, I want to be swimming in the lakes up the river, not sulking on my home mooring.

So would the dog, hes been sitting by our firepit/bbq sulking and looking at it and us, 'why haven't you switched on the meat burning machine?'

Oh come on folks ..... it's not cold .. it might not be as warm as we'd like but cold? Nope, no way.

Well OK it might be cool where you are .... but temps in double figures don't even warrant heating in winter never mind summer

cheers.gif

Same here. We've had the Eberspacher on this lunchtime to dry out and warm up after a cold soaking whilst transiting the Anderton Boat Lift and the Weaver. I think that's the thin end of the wedge now for 'er indoors and it'll be on more often now she knows it isn't against the law to use it in summer! I'm also desperately trying to resist the temptation to swap the chimney for the flue cover. :(

Oh come on folks ..... it's not cold .. it might not be as warm as we'd like but cold? Nope, no way.

Well OK it might be cool where you are .... but temps in double figures don't even warrant heating in winter never mind summer

cheers.gif

You have to be a single man with that outlook Kevcaptain.gif

Edited by HaulierP

Mrs Theo and I always agree. This time we agree that it is cold and more like November. We both hope that it will be warmer soon.

You have to be a single man with that outlook Kevcaptain.gif

Aye weekdays I am generally single and totally in charge captain.gif .... but when the good lady does visit I have a fleece she can wrap around her while I bask in the 10-15 degree warmth..... or we hug.gif

Aye weekdays I am generally single and totally in charge captain.gif .... but when the good lady does visit I have a fleece she can wrap around her while I bask in the 10-15 degree warmth..... or we hug.gif

I thought for a moment you were going to say that that you bask in the warmth of a 10 or 15 year old Malt Whisky clapping.gif

We got very wet today on the Soar. We were lulled into leaving the mooring by a break in the rain which lasted long enough for us to cast off and get into the first lock. Got drenched but then an hour or so later the sun did emerge. I am however still cold and damp and would luuurve to have the fire going even if it is just to stop everything feeling so damp.

We got very wet today on the Soar. We were lulled into leaving the mooring by a break in the rain which lasted long enough for us to cast off and get into the first lock. Got drenched but then an hour or so later the sun did emerge. I am however still cold and damp and would luuurve to have the fire going even if it is just to stop everything feeling so damp.

• Greenie 1