Lit the stove again!!

peterboat

Featured Posts

I thought for a moment you were going to say that that you bask in the warmth of a 10 or 15 year old Malt Whisky clapping.gif

I'd really like to be able to enjoy a tot or two of malt but I really can't stand the taste sick.gif ... all stems from an unfortunate incident in my youth sick.gifsick.gifsick.gif

Out with the NBT this week, I'd been slowly getting damp steering the butty in light rain on Wednesday, then I got out at Fradley Junction to do the swing bridge and the two locks just after the junction (heading west up the T&M). The sky opened, and in 100 yards walking to the first lock I was soaked through.

So I just did those two locks with my boots going squelch squelch at every step, then got aboard and changed into dry clothes, leaving the others (who were wearing proper waterproof clothes) to do the next lock without me. It is very possible to need the heat of a range on a warm day.

On Friday morning Colin lit the range although the weather was quite nice, then we encountered several heavy showers, so either he made a lucky decision or he'd seen a weather forecast.

It really does help to have that heat coming up at you through a trad stern hatch when steering, although of course the upper half of the body is in the open and only a waterproof jacket will protect it from rain.