Nantwich.

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

We have ,today, arrived in Nantwich.

Had a recce today and have to say what a nice town it is.

Lovely buildings, of differing age and is unspoilt.

Thought I d say.

Martyn

It is lovely, one of my favorites and a very good range of charity shops with a finer than normal range

Good restaurants too

Our place of choice for our mooring when it come to, very nice area towards what w eare used to. And for a swift one or two, i dont care as long as it not to far from the boat :)

We have ,today, arrived in Nantwich.

Had a recce today and have to say what a nice town it is.

Lovely buildings, of differing age and is unspoilt.

Thought I d say.

Martyn

Bit of a walk into town, but well, well worth it for the variety of small independent shops, as well as a decent Supermarket, Boots etc. Beautiful half-timbered buildings and loads of history.

I can but agree.

Had some info tonight that has made me aware to be vigilant. Who remembers 'watch out watch out, there's a thief about' Well, there may be.

I will take appripiate action if needs be.

Martyn

It is lovely, one of my favorites and a very good range of charity shops with a finer than normal range

Good restaurants too

Mrs Nightwatch has already counted the charity shops. She will probably venture off on her own to explore.

I love Nantwich, I wish there was more moorings there for visitors, Haven't found a bad pub there. If you need your stove fixing, there is a good chap at the marina, plus launderette.

smile.png

The visitor moorings north of the aqueduct are often full, but they have increased the visitor moorings south of the aqueduct (where they have removed some long term moorings). If you moor further down nearer to Marsh Lane Bridge, you can walk up the road (Queen's Drive) then cut across the park to the town.

Good fish and chips on Welsh Row.

One of our favourite places. As dawdlers we did find a dearth of 14 day moorings but not a huge deal as we cruise with car.

14 day moorings north of the arm (opposite the boat club) and also down towards Marsh Lane Bridge. Beware the 'Shroppie shelf'!

14 day moorings north of the arm (opposite the boat club) and also down towards Marsh Lane Bridge. Beware the 'Shroppie shelf'!

Thank you! We have a car tyre for the infamous shelf which usually does the trick :)

We're moored at Swanley, so it's local town. Our regular trawl of the charity shops often yields some excellent buys. oH particularly partial to the often high class clothing on offer.

Usually have a lovely coffee and cake at Swirly Wirly's, the St. Luke's Hospice café on Pillory St.

The small local museum is worth a visit (and worth supporting).

Excellent hardware shop, opposite the museum,, with lots of fire and stove related stuff. (There's also a large Aga shop, which tells you a lot about the area!)

Great little town just to amble around.

We like Nantwich. Nice shops , market on a Thursday I think , bus service to sainsburys. Train station for days out . Cracking marina , good chandlers and services, popular tearooms . Friendly efficency laundrette there , also canopy repair company ( nice helpful people). Bunny

Went into the hardware shop. Impressive.

I'm after some two way hinges. To go on 15mm door. They are available online. A bit pricey though. So I've been trying everywhere we go with no luck. I'm going to have to bite the bullet I guess.

We intend to visit the museum, the boss will do the rounds of the charity shops, and if I can bluff a reason, I will sample the offerings at the numourous beverage outlets. Well not too many nowadays. Beer must be stronger than when I was younger, makes my legs go wobbly sooner and effects my vocal cords.

Maybe take a walk to the marina area. We need to be in the area for a while whilst Bessie the JRT has her knee operated on and recovers.

Not a fan of busy tow paths so will either head north or south again for peacefulness and return as and when. That's my life story for the moment.

Martyn

We like Nantwich. Nice shops , market on a Thursday I think , bus service to sainsburys. Train station for days out . Cracking marina , good chandlers and services, popular tearooms . Friendly efficency laundrette there , also canopy repair company ( nice helpful people). Bunny

Not forgetting If you like a day-out in Chester, The bus stop is by the marina gate.

Also caught a bus from Wrenbury into Nantwich for the Nantwich show one year . Biggest one day agricultural show in the UK maybe Europe . Lots of cheese , rare breeds and interesting things . Great day out think it's in July .. Bunny .

If you are in the area, there is an Open Day this coming Saturday (19th) at Nantwich Marina.

More details HERE Also an opportunity to have a look at the newly renovated aqueduct.

Nantwich Open Day

Come along to a free open day at Nantwich Marina.

Event details

19th March 2016

10:00am - 4:00pm

Nantwich Marina

Address
Nantwich Marina
Basin End
Chester Rd
Nantwich
Cheshire
CW5 8LB

There will be lots to see and do including: