Possible Tea Leaf Boat, Wheaton Aston Area

Loafer

Featured Posts

The boat in question has been moored on nantwich embankment the past 2 nights at minimum. Green with red oxide panels. Black cratch cover thats not long enough and is supplimented by a blue tarpaulin. I believe the husband is in prison over the Grindley brook incident. There's a new fella in tow. Has a shorter blue boat. Both facing north. 2 teenagers. 2 collies and new fella has a small dog he carries whenever I've seen them walking. Mother small build brown hair.

Lot's of similar rumours around this neck of the woods. When they turn up most other boats in the area move on.

If it's in Nantwich how come it's been seen heading South at Wheaton?

Is it the same boat. I am possibly on its route, so am concerned, a little.

We may well be well equipped to repel borders.

Edited by Nightwatch

Yes, if you're trying to start a serious thread why use rhyming slang?

Also, although I'm sure people appreciate the heads up, I'm unsure about the fairness of circulating these sort of criminal allegations on a public forum. You may well be correct about this person, but on the other hand unless you have some evidence and the information has come from a reliable source it could easily just be an unsubstantiated rumour that's now being more widely perpetuated. Have the allegations of theft and violence been reported to the police?

I wasn't THAT serious! There was an exclamation mark at the end, and a silly emoji with a tongue out.

As for posting warnings on a 'public forum', then you are entitled to your opinion, as always. Personally, I like to hear those warnings.

If it's in Nantwich how come it's been seen heading South at Wheaton?

Is it the same boat. I am possibly on its route, so am concerned, a little.

We may well be well equipped to repel borders.

It's the same boat mentioned in the op. The rumours are abound around here.

I will add that I have no personal experience with this boat. Have witnessed a couple of minor skirmishes. Both involving the boy.

Funny how the boat was here the night the op reported. Tar and brush? I'm doubtful that the boat has been that far recently as it's been in this area for sometime.

As for posting warnings on a 'public forum', then you are entitled to your opinion, as always. Personally, I like to hear those warnings.

Would you feel the same way if someone posted a description of you and your boat on here along with allegations based on hearsay?

I wasn't THAT serious! There was an exclamation mark at the end, and a silly emoji with a tongue out.

Fair enough, and if I'm honest I'd like to hear the warning too if I was in the area.

I just think you need to be fairly sure about what you're saying in such cases. If you are then fine, but if someone makes casual allegations which later turn out not to be true, then I can understand the subject of those allegations feeling quite pissed off about it.

• Greenie 1

It's the same boat mentioned in the op. The rumours are abound around here.

I will add that I have no personal experience with this boat. Have witnessed a couple of minor skirmishes. Both involving the boy.

Funny how the boat was here the night the op reported. Tar and brush? I'm doubtful that the boat has been that far recently as it's been in this area for sometime.

thank you for that. Rumours are just that. But it does give people a nudge to be aware.

Being reliant on occasional 'warnings' is all well and good, but the truth is you're just as likely to be a victim of crime irrespective of what the local Serious Rumour Squad is saying. A common sense proactive approach to the safety and security of yourselves and your property is required at all times.

Would you feel the same way if someone posted a description of you and your boat on here along with allegations based on hearsay?

I would wonder how on earth anyone associated my boat with things going missing from others'. I can certainly gather a few character references together.

I think that went over most people's heads Gazza. Don't worry, someone got it. ;)

I think that went over most people's heads Gazza. Don't worry, someone got it. ;)

...and someone else.

I think we all got it...

I caught it as well. Such a strain(er).

I thank you all :)

My boat and three others were broken into on my mooring about tyis time last year. Clearly done by a boater, who not only knicked some useful stuff also did a remarkable amount of damage getting into the boat.

Thanks for the warning. And 'Nantwich' can you get up to five posts them PM me with some more details. thanks.

My boat and three others were broken into on my mooring about tyis time last year. Clearly done by a boater, who not only knicked some useful stuff also did a remarkable amount of damage getting into the boat.

Thanks for the warning. And 'Nantwich' can you get up to five posts them PM me with some more details. thanks.

I'm reasonably sure PaulC posted recently that this restriction has been relaxed, possibly to only two posts.