CRT Council Results are in...

David Mack

Featured Posts

Just out of interest can you tell us how far a CC'er should travel to meet your definition of a genuine CC'er . I agree with your last sentence.

I'm perfectly happy with CRT's definition at the moment. I feel its pretty fair.

I also feel that if people take the p!ss out of this distance, things will only get worse again for ccers.

Therefore, anyone suggesting they represent a ccer lifestyle, should in my view be setting an example.

My questions were not difficult, yet have seemingly caused an issue. I have to wonder why that is.

I can't help help but stand up for someone when I see someone else charging in with a blunt axe. That's you sir

I asked two reasonable questions. The blunt axe was not waved by me.

However, I do note your timely little retorts to my posts now and again.

Talking of charging in, I remember a post you made toward me in 2010, and another you made recently.

Perhaps a little thought on your part before "charging in", in future hmmm?

Talking of charging in, I remember a post you made toward me in 2010, and another you made recently.

WOW ! In all seriousness if you actually remembered a post from 5 years ago I am deeply impressed especially if you remembered the date without having to look it up (In fact even if you did look it up 'cos I wouldn't remember which FORUM let alone which thread)

• Greenie 2

WOW ! In all seriousness if you actually remembered a post from 5 years ago I am deeply impressed especially if you remembered the date without having to look it up (In fact even if you did look it up 'cos I wouldn't remember which FORUM let alone which thread)

It was quite a nasty post at the time. I don't remember the exact date, but I remember some of the posts on the particular thread. Including one complaining about the cartoon character I was using as a profile pic at the time. (some were that trivial back then).

Given the fact Barry has only replied directly to less than 10 of my posts makes recalling them relatively simple.

Edited by jenlyn

I don't think Stella takes up her place until March. Interesting how the discussion soon moved onto cc'ing, something which a lot of boaters do these days, much more popular in the London area given few affordable perm moorings these days, either resi or cruising. Can't comment on what the going distance is t'up north for cc'ing or what the 'spotting' is like which I would think determines how far most boaters would go ever 14 days or less...I'm guessing it's not as monitored as around London but that's not the issue. Perhaps all the elected reps should post the whereabouts of their boat a week in arrears just to be sure. The Phaseys have 2 so it might make interesting reading, especially as one is currently in Belgium.

I'm perfectly happy with CRT's definition at the moment. I feel its pretty fair.

I also feel that if people take the p!ss out of this distance, things will only get worse again for ccers.

Therefore, anyone suggesting they represent a ccer lifestyle, should in my view be setting an example.

My questions were not difficult, yet have seemingly caused an issue. I have to wonder why that is.

The only person making an issue of Stella's boating is you

It was quite a nasty post at the time. I don't remember the exact date, but I remember some of the posts on the particular thread. Including one complaining about the cartoon character I was using as a profile pic at the time. (some were that trivial back then).

Given the fact Barry has only replied directly to less than 10 of my posts makes recalling them relatively simple.

You have a record for being vindictive and spiteful to others on the forum.

The fact that I only occasionally call you out on it is an indication that I can actually restrain myself....mostly

• Greenie 4

Stella, Vaughan or anyone else, if I were insulted by such a low turnout (6.8%) the best thing to do is resign, as its damn obvious the posts are worthless and nobody is really bothered, as it is they are pandering to Roger Hanbury (head of "Governance") and the rest of the Crters for the support of less than 7% of the boaters - Appalling!

• Greenie 1

You have a record for being vindictive and spiteful to others on the forum.

The fact that I only occasionally call you out on it is an indication that I can actually restrain myself....mostly

Perhaps you need more practice.

I state my opinion, perhaps a little to honestly. Some don't like that, some prefer it. Can't please all of the people all of the time.

Perhaps you need more practice.

I state my opinion, perhaps a little to honestly. Some don't like that, some prefer it. Can't please all of the people all of the time.

You have your style. I have mine. Each of thinks we are right and the other wrong. That's life. I'm not over worried about it

Stella, Vaughan or anyone else, if I were insulted by such a low turnout (6.8%) the best thing to do is resign, as its damn obvious the posts are worthless and nobody is really bothered, as it is they are pandering to Roger Hanbury (head of "Governance") and the rest of the Crters for the support of less than 7% of the boaters - Appalling!

Have to agree with you.

A few hundred votes for each candidate. I'm not sure what that suggests, but it's not good.

That's life. I'm not over worried about it

Really? Well, you had me fooled biggrin.png

You have your style. I have mine. Each of thinks we are right and the other wrong. That's life. I'm not over worried about it

Have to agree with you.

A few hundred votes for each candidate. I'm not sure what that suggests, but it's not good.

Really? Well, you had me fooled biggrin.png

can we stop the tit for tat please.

With certain posters on here it pays to remember what they post and when, as sometimes the things they post get removed when they would on occasions be best left up as it says a lot about them.

Jenlyn took a bit of flack for this post, including being accused of misogyny. Perhaps this was the result of other issues I'm not privvy to, but at face value this doesn't seem to be an unreasonable question to ask of an elected representative.

We are all aware that there are a number of interpretations of CC so, since Stella stood with this writ large in her 150 words, I think it a fair question and would be interested to know the answer.

I am on a continuous journey; started 2 years ago and mostly cruise within the Manchester and Pennine area - our range was probably about 120 miles last year, partly due to the fact we had no engine for six weeks and a year to sort it out. Therefore, last year we did not cruise as much as we would have liked to

I am on a continuous journey; started 2 years ago and mostly cruise within the Manchester and Pennine area - our range was probably about 120 miles last year, partly due to the fact we had no engine for six weeks and a year to sort it out. Therefore, last year we did not cruise as much as we would have liked to

Now then, was that not much simpler than choosing to make wild allegations of me being a misogynist eh.

I think you need to learn that if you are presented with a difficult question, replying with insult or stupid allegations is not the way forward.

I will also offer some further advice, your fb page gave quite an insight to your cruising over the past 12 months. I don't consider you as a ccer (from the evidence of your own posts), hence my annoyance at your using it as a platform to promote yourself for council.

Please do not present yourself to crt as a ccer, they are fully aware that you are not.

For those of you feeling my words are harsh. You cannot have it both ways. You either want ccers to cc, or you don't. This cannot be selective in who should move, and who should not. (Even if they are a good old boy, good old girl, or on council).

There has to be consistency from both sides.

Can't comment on what the going distance is t'up north for cc'ing ...............

I just hope that the newly elected council members have a better grasp on the situation than you appear to have - the fact that you seem to think that the required 'distance' 'up North' is different to that required 'down South'. on top of the fact that you have no idea that the 'rules' for HMers are different to CCers would have been very 'disappointing' had you been elected.

.......... is t'up north for cc'ing or what the 'spotting' is like which I would think determines how far most boaters would go ever 14 days or less...

Presumably you have not heard about the Midlands Enforcement Officer ( Mr Gardner) who has probably section 8'd more boats than any other Enforcement Officer

The problem with that is that it would allow the CaRT run Appointments Committee to select who they wanted or ask national boating organisations to appoint members. Edited by Allan(nb Albert)

Thanks Stella, appreciated.

I'm envious and utterly supportive of those who CC in the 'heading generally north to visit York this summer, then probably across the Pennines to do the Lancaster' style, but less comfortable with those clearly going nowhere with roots in a particular place but do not have a mooring when this would clearly be appropriate. It sounds like you're somewhere in the middle. I feel that it's important for boaters to know your position if you're representing us.

Congratulations on your success and best wishes. :)

I'm not sure you can be on a continuous journey in one area....

Oh and 120 miles a year doesn't seem much for a true CC'er..even if it does "comply" with CRT...we did 700 miles this year with 2 months being stuck on the Lancaster due to a breach.....

Given that you wanted to give CC'ers a voice perhaps you need to be a better example so as not to give people such as me reasons to question stuff.

Cheers

Gareth

• Greenie 1