Pleasant behaviour

blackrose

Featured Posts

I'm at my mooring on the Warks Avon. Several boats have been past this weekend, mainly cruisers and narrowboats, and the owners or renters have mostly smiled and waved as they've gone past.

I find that this behaviour is typical on the waterways in this country so I've decided to stay in the UK.

• Greenie 4

I'm at my mooring on the Warks Avon. Several boats have been past this weekend, mainly cruisers and narrowboats, and the owners or renters have mostly smiled and waved as they've gone past.

I find that this behaviour is typical on the waterways in this country so I've decided to stay in the UK.

rolleyes.gifbiggrin.png

It is, of course. But that makes the behaviour of the very small minority who are not pleasantly behaved, stand out all the more, and therefore comment-worthy.

Comments about bad behaviour are fine as long as our perception doesn't become so skewed we can only see the negatives and then start to believe it's the most typical behaviour.

Edited by blackrose

Comments about bad behaviour are fine as long as our perception doesn't become so skewed we can only see the negatives.

I think that would be an easy state to reach if one's only experience of boating was this forum, but a dose of "real world" soon dispels that!

I rather think it is a fact that generally we only remember the bad stuff, good stuff happens all the time and we sort of accept it as the norm, whereas bad stuff being infrequent sticks in our mind.

When I started my apprenticeship I drilled a hole in the wrong place and my foreman said " Not to worry lad, there are thousands of wrong places but only one right place"

(that was a bit random wasn't it)

Phil

Comments about bad behaviour are fine as long as our perception doesn't become so skewed we can only see the negatives and then start to believe it's the most typical behaviour.

It's a good thing that doesn't happen with other subjects here too, isn't it?

Imagine if people here ever exaggerated, say, the degree of CRT enforcement there in the real world!

I am a positive person, the press is a negative person. I would dearly love to see more balance in the press but will stay positive in the hope that one day they will get it. Today we are having a street party, just because we can and the whole cul-de-sac gets involved. It's a beautiful summers day, the weather will be what it will be. Love peace and alcohol to all who want it.

I am a positive person, the press is a negative person. I would dearly love to see more balance in the press but will stay positive in the hope that one day they will get it. Today we are having a street party, just because we can and the whole cul-de-sac gets involved. It's a beautiful summers day, the weather will be what it will be. Love peace and alcohol to all who want it.

Have a fun day!

We had our village summer show yesterday (and Friday for the sheep judging) with all sorts going on with various competitions including sheep dog trials. It was great and a nice Hog roast/B-B-Q in the evening.

I can not wait to get on my new Narrowboat and see the the Canal life in its true colours rather than reading 50 shades of Grey with a few colours.

Maybe when things are going great people dont write about them as much.

I think I got down hearted for a while tbh.

free-scared-smileys-398.gif

Edited by grumpy146

:):clapping:

Good on you and all the best.

thats nice to hear.

Reported for failing to be a rant!

:)

Richard

Edited by RLWP

What a disgrace!! Have these people no respect for an old curmudgeon? Just what do they expect people to be able to moan about? I dunno what the world is coming to. I may move to Mars.

Ive seen some lovely people on the canal this weekend. I made my usual pigs ear of getting out of marina and there were smiles all roundrolleyes.gif

If the world was 100% nice and friendly we wouldn't recognise it as such, we need the unpleasant parts as a contrast so that we can see the difference.

Aye true. Miserable gits were put on this earth to make nice people stand out.

It is true that the vast majority of people are amicable. I think we are perhaps seeing a bit more car-driver mentality of late, but mainly still a good place to be.

Out this weekend. Met lots of boaters all pleasant. Had a couple of long chats. Took 4 people from towpath who showed an interest through the boat explaining what bits do on a boat and the Back Cabin history.

Edited by mark99

I can not wait to get on my new Narrowboat and see the the Canal life in its true colours rather than reading 50 shades of Grey with a few colours.

Maybe when things are going great people dont write about them as much.

I think I got down hearted for a while tbh.

free-scared-smileys-398.gif

You can read peoples cruise diaries or blogs, especially nice if they have posted pics.