Stolen Boat on Ashby Canal

deckhand

Featured Posts

Being moved could mean being moved an inch every six months.

We simply don't know how far or how often from that simple statement, hence my question.

Another member has already stated that the boat is unlicensed so it is safe to assume that CRT are aware of the boat.

Let us know if the post above has settled your worries about the boat .

How about someone printing out flyers (pictures of missing boat with details and contact info) and handing them out to all other boaters as they pass, or along stretches of towpath?

Do the CRT inspectors who go round checking everyone's licences not notice stolen boats going past their noses?

The flyer could be sent to everyone on canalworld.net fairly easily I'm sure, via the PM system.

Do the CRT inspectors who go round checking everyone's licences not notice stolen boats going past their noses?

That's a point, has the Boat Checking system been checked for sightings?

Bod

One would think it doesn't need manually checking. Any sighting of the Reg No dabbed into a handheld device carried by a boat checker oght to flag up that it's a stolen boat at both CRT Towers and on the handheld.

One would think it doesn't need manually checking. Any sighting of the Reg No dabbed into a handheld device carried by a boat checker oght to flag up that it's a stolen boat at both CRT Towers and on the handheld.

But that requires the forethought to have implemented such a system into the infrastructure, do we know if this is likely? From my limited experience of CRT, I find it unlikely.

IF the boat license is not in the window and IF the Reg No had been obliterated / altered / faked by the thief how can the boat be tracked on the CRT system???

IF I was going to nick a boat that is something I would consider doing. Might not last too long but would certainly throw people off the scent initially.

All big IF's. Just conjecture.

Edited by Ray T

IF the boat license is not in the window and IF the Reg No had been obliterated / altered / faked by the thief how can the boat be tracked on the CRT system???

1. IF no licence then CRT inspector: a) throws bricks at the windows followed by Molotof cocktails

cool.pngB) requests boat to stop politely and ask why they ain't showing licence and fines them heavily for such non-compliance, with many sarcastic jokes thrown in for good measure

2. IF registration has been altered, surely you need to alter the voat also to make the two 'match up' ?

(Has no-one followed up my idea of photocopying 'Stolen Boat' sheets and handing them out all round the canal system?)

(perhaps you are all too busy getting tattoos?)

Edited by Emerald Fox

Have we got any decent pictures of this boat yet?

Any details of any easy to recognise features of the boat?

There really isnt a lot for people to go on and the longer people wait for information the less chance there is of this boat being found. It could be anywhere by now!

IF I was going to nick a boat that is something I would consider doing. Might not last too long but would certainly throw people off the scent initially.

All big IF's. Just conjecture.

It can be tracked because CRT use more than just license disk and index number info. The boat is quite distinctive in looks, CRT can and do use this especially when lic/index are no visible.

There really isnt a lot for people to go on and the longer people wait for information the less chance there is of this boat being found. It could be anywhere by now!

It could indeed. Ashby canal is very well connected, and there has been enough time for this boat to be hundreds of miles away

Richard

Er, photos of her were put on here shortly after the thread was launched. She's a Harborough Marine, so with a big banana bow, with a forward cabin extension - by no means unique, but not common. The porthole set into that extension may well be unique, though.

Oh dear, you seem to have joined the growing band of CWFers who make uninformed comments which illustrate they haven't read the thread. It seems such bad forum manners to me.

Have a look at posts 30 and 31 for photos. And for the info you request, see post 49.

Oh dear, you seem to have joined the growing band of CWFers who make uninformed comments which illustrate they haven't read the thread. It seems such bad forum manners to me.

Have a look at posts 30 and 31 for photos. And for the info you request, see post 49.

Two old poor quality pictures is not much to go by.

Two old poor quality pictures is not much to go by.

Normal people would be perfectly able recognise the boat from them.

(Grammatical redundancy edit.)

Edited by Mike the Boilerman