Stolen Boat on Ashby Canal

deckhand

Featured Posts

This has just appeared on twitter:

STOLEN boat on Ashby twds Cov Boat name, Cally Hanna, 68957? being renovated several windows with white UPVC in them @leicspolice

Re, previous tweet. It has been reported to the Police but if seen please report it to Rob at the Ashby Boat Company –01455 212671.

My thoughts exactly, Rob. I assume it was at Stoke Golding (home of the Ashby Boat Co.) so either the miscreant will head East and grind to a halt at Snarestone because he runs out of canal, or West and have a fairly long run to get to the Coventry.

Cally Hanna Built by Harborough Mar/bts - Length : 14.02 metres ( 46 feet ) - Beam : 2.07 metres ( 6 feet 9 inches ) - Draft : 0.61 metres ( 2 feet ). Metal hull power of 13 BHP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 68957 as a Motor Boat. ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

My thoughts exactly, Rob. I assume it was at Stoke Golding (home of the Ashby Boat Co.) so either the miscreant will head East and grind to a halt at Snarestone because he runs out of canal, or West and have a fairly long run to get to the Coventry.

Or craned out somewhere in between.

The post was originally tweeted by a CRT rep on twitter. All the information available was posted in the opening post. I posted merely as a heads up just in case it might be spotted. If there is any further info posted I will add to the thread

The post was originally tweeted by a CRT rep on twitter. All the information available was posted in the opening post. I posted merely as a heads up just in case it might be spotted. If there is any further info posted I will add to the thread

No nothing about twitter. Can you not ask for timescales maybe easier to work out where it might or might not be.

Cally Hanna Built by Harborough Mar/bts - Length : 14.02 metres ( 46 feet ) - Beam : 2.07 metres ( 6 feet 9 inches ) - Draft : 0.61 metres ( 2 feet ). Metal hull power of 13 BHP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 68957 as a Motor Boat. ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

Or craned out somewhere in between.

Do you know the Ashby? Much of it is pastoral and there are few wharves where a boat could be craned out unnoticed.

Do you know the Ashby? Much of it is pastoral and there are few wharves where a boat could be craned out unnoticed.

True but noticed by who? Quite a lot of crime goes on in full view. Why would a passer by think a crime was being committed?

Many people have had there houses burgled in daylight and full view of the neighbours.

It would not take too long to get off the Ashby onto the Coventry or even down to the Oxford but to really get away you would need to get it out of the water ASAP.

The owner has just circulated a poster widely, including the crime number 15000069023. The poster is a PDF that I can't persuade to copy into here at the moment as I'm on the iPad. To report sightings, dial 101 and ask for the Leicester police.

If you can view the PDF on your ipad, do that, and with it on the screen, take a screenshot by pressing and releasing both ipad buttons simultaneously. That puts it in your photos, then you can crop it etc if you need to and post it as a photo here.