Pillings Lock Marina

tillergirl

Featured Posts

I thought there was a recent thread about one of the companies going bust?

that was the last company going bust, this is the phoenix replacement, which promised to pay up in advance.

It will be interesting, if true, to see if CRT have the gumption to carry out their stated actions more swiftly this time.

Two of the canal groups on Facebook have been talking about (unconfirmed) reports of staff leaving and the marina in trouble again, however as pillings has blocked me on fb, I can't read it all properly, though can tell from other responses that they are posting in their usual defensive but inflammatory manner, sadly. Another thread is with a moorer there, asking about other marinas, so I'm guessing something is amiss.

It's a shame, if it was run well it could be a fine marina for its kind, but new life is perhaps required now in the team, to regain confidence. A managmental team that is more transparent, straight forward, and honest in their working ethics would make a whole lot of difference to what could be a decent marina.

I'm not aware of anything formal at this stage, so far it appears to be speculation only.

I dare say we will hear more.

Edited by Ally

that was the last company going bust, this is the phoenix replacement, which promised to pay up in advance.

It will be interesting, if true, to see if CRT have the gumption to carry out their stated actions more swiftly this time.

I think the answer to that is easy to guess, given their track record so far.

IF (and I repeat the IF) one of the PLM trilogy of companies has (or is going) bump how many times are C&RT going to allow this to happen, how many times are the moorers going to keep saying "its a wonderful place and everything is C&RTs fault"

There are some very bad people about.

I suppose if I had forked out for a 10 year moorings lease I'd be blaming everyone excepot the marina in the hope I wouldn't lose my money.

Its a very strange thing that people are allowed to put firms into Liquidation thus wiping out debts leaving suppliers out of pocket and then starting up again with a different name yet the government does nothing about it .

Its a very strange thing that people are allowed to put firms into Liquidation thus wiping out debts leaving suppliers out of pocket and then starting up again with a different name yet the government does nothing about it .

It's more strange that organisations - CRT in this case - will extend credit to companies with no assets. I say strange, I mean down right negligent. If CRT have let themselves be tucked up again like this then frankly, to hell with them, they deserve all they get and we deserve them for standing for it.

It's more strange that organisations - CRT in this case - will extend credit to companies with no assets. I say strange, I mean down right negligent. If CRT have let themselves be tucked up again like this then frankly, to hell with them, they deserve all they get and we deserve them for standing for it.

I think that this time, Phil Spencer at CRT ensured that the company that signed the NAA was the one that owned the assets.

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63317&p=1283449

And, as far as I recall, the NAA is payable in advance.

Didn't they pay a year in advance? If that is correct when did the year start Jan 2014? If it didn't is the 12 months up yet?

Another thought if the current phoenix company was made to pay in advance surely any other phoenix will face at least the same conditions.

I suppose what I am really asking is has the 12 months expired yet and if it has how do we know the fee hasn't been paid.