Freaky friday 2015

b0atman

Featured Posts

Just wondering if there is any logic to when this first freaky Friday will be .Or how early date is revealed.

13 March 2015 !!!!!!! ???? Thats going to be freaky it's my birthday , ( and I get my pension ) HOW freaky is that. !!!! ?????

They're not called swindlers for nothing. I've spent a small fortune with em over the years though, they're a decent bunch down at Penkridge imo.

In my experience that is a wholly unwarranted description - as with any supplier you always need to be a savvy customer but they are generally v helpful, pricing not absurd and may well have items not stocked elsewhere. If I know exactly what I want I may well check with ebay but - as is so often the case for retailers these days - I appreciate the opportunity to browse a store when there are things which I could not name or even sometimes did not know could be bought!

It is all very well being crictical but libellous is not good for the forum and does no-one any credit.

• Greenie 1

• 1 month later...

We bought a cooker and a fridge during the last Freaky Friday. Save a bit of money. In fact saw a cooker on line far cheaper than their FF price send they matched it. They didn't like it but that's what they say,so I pressed them. In addition,I bought a battery monitor during the week after FF and I got the reduction.

Always found Midland helpful,convenient and knowledgable. Yes,you have to watch their pricing but have found most items on par with others.

Martyn

To be honest freaky friday discounts bring the prices of Midland swindlers stuff to the level most of it can be purchased elsewhere on any normal day.

Not really my experience, or at least not if you limit yourself to canal-side chandlers.

Many of them seem to be priced much of a muchness, and the ones that claim not to be, like Limekiln, have suc a limited range of stock, as to more or less guarantee a visit to them will not yield what you want.

if you can get 15% off at MC by any route, then I think the only way o reliably undercut them is to go the e-Bay route, or to try and broker your own deals a other outlets.

We routiney get 5% off at MC for being HNBC members, though the staff never seem to be aware of that arrangement, and there is always a bit of persuadig to be done. 5% isn't worth a lot, of course, but it softens the blow a bit.

Apparently moorers at Crick and Cropredy marinas can also get 5% off but seems to be a secret known only to a few.

And Mercia moorers - they give you a plastic card which also attracts a discount at other Mercia outlets.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was thinking about this a few days ago.

Reading the website they have been taken over by another company that owns eurocar parts.

Think they should trade the same always have 25 to 30% off.

Let's see is freaky Friday happens.

Arleigh are the sister company along with Nova Leisure i don't think they have taken over MC

Edited by GoodGurl