Cratch Zips

Bob Blues

Featured Posts

Good Morning all

Just a quickie :)

I had a Cratch zip pop on me last week which took a long time to get the teeth realigned and sorted. It does seem very heavy when I pull the Cratch zip down now so, does anyone have a plan for lubricating them with out them going completely.

Bob

Apologies for the slight change of topic.

My scratch is made from the softer material (acrylic canvas?). Where it rests on the gunnel it is going green.

I have tried scrubbing it with dilute washing up liquid to no avail.

Does anyone have a "top tip" for removing the verdigris?

"caught the old dodger in it again yesterday. ouch!!!"

as the Malaysians, Russians, Japanese, Canadians and Bolivians read canalworld.net forums, the tale of your old (old?) dodger has gone worldwide!

Tales from the River Stort. A book must be made!

Silicone spray for the zip

To clean cratch cover any good 'hood' (soft top) cleaner will/should work. (Car accessory shop etc.)

Thanks Bottle.

Intuitively your recommendation seems better than KY Jelly and/or custard :)

ETA a space where there wasn't one.

Edited by cuthound

My scratch is made from the softer material (acrylic canvas?). Where it rests on the gunnel it is going green.

As recommended by Martin (TDH) I have just done our Cratch cover with Renovo. Brilliant. It was green in many places but it's brought it all off. Waiting for the weather to stay dry and I will then apply the renovator and waterproofed. I add it doesn't leak but I will do it anyway.

Martyn

WD40 for the zip and diluted soda crystals to clean the cover works well for us. Light scrubbung action with a brush and rinse with clean water.

Good Morning all

Just a quickie smile.png

I had a Cratch zip pop on me last week which took a long time to get the teeth realigned and sorted. It does seem very heavy when I pull the Cratch zip down now so, does anyone have a plan for lubricating them with out them going completely.

Bob

I had mine repaired earlier this year by Bethesda Covers - on the Shroppie at Shebdon. They told me that a lot of their business is replacing the inferior zips that are routinely used by one of the major cover manufacturers, (I won't name them here for obvious reasons). Maybe you need a better zip!

Most

I had mine repaired earlier this year by Bethesda Covers - on the Shroppie at Shebdon. They told me that a lot of their business is replacing the inferior zips that are routinely used by one of the major cover manufacturers, (I won't name them here for obvious reasons). Maybe you need a better zip!

Two have been replaced this was an old one I was trying to save. I know I will have to get it replaced in the near future. Just trying to get through the cold patch

Bob