Legal Expenses Cover has anybody ever used it

SiFi

Featured Posts

It depends whether you think you will ever have to sue anyone who works on your boat or indeed whether anyone sues you for anything not covered by insurance.

This guy tried to use it.

http://www.nb-kelly-louise.com/2014/12/the-legal-aspect.html

The costs are not contemplatable without insurance.

On a car I'd say it may be worth having but on a narrowboat.........WTF next

For those lucky enough to buy a brand new boat, I imagine it could be Gap Insurance, unless boats don't lose a substantial part of their value as soon as the leave the boatyard.

I have legal cover on my home insurance policy, and that isn't just limited to home claims (would also cover claims for car, or financial disputes etc.) - is the boat insurance similar?

You may already have legal insurance on another policy.

Haven Know-Johnson have included £15.11 for Legal Expenses cover for my boat, has anybody other than the financial industry ever benefitted from this?

My mrs was asked if she had it when she had an accident, it will cover solicitors fees but a complete waste of money as it was a no win no fee case, you get it on lots of things like car insurance etc

My mrs was asked if she had it when she had an accident, it will cover solicitors fees but a complete waste of money as it was a no win no fee case, you get it on lots of things like car insurance etc

I'm not sure whether you can get a "No Win, No Fee" agreement with a solicitor with regards to covering any legal expences when it comes to boat claims. Although, as "No Win, No Fee" agreements tend to relate to personal injury claims.

With regards to motor insurance legal expence insurance is a waste of money. Your insurance, which as we know is a legal requirement, covers a claim made against you if you cause an accident. If the accident is not your fault, you can enter into a "No Win, No Fee" agreement with a solicitor of your choice (you don't have to go with the one recommended by your insurance company). How these agreements work MUST be explained fully by the solicitor to you in order for them to be valid.

Would I have legal expence insurance on my boat policy, personally no. But that is only my opinion.

I asked here (canalworld.nuts) about this 'extra legal insurance' when we took insurance for the first time starting this Summer on our narrowboat and came to the conclusion is was a bit of a scam (Google - legal insurance scam) just to get another 15 Squids out of us. We're insured anyway to bump into anything and cause a considerable amount of damage, and if someone bumps into us their insurance will pay.

However... we intend to be as careful as possible, as all accidents lead to stress, worry, misery, and anger. That extra minute can save months of paperwork.