Tow from Tewkesbury?? Help!!

Sinead Carnie

Featured Posts

ANGEL OF ISLINGTON (B.W.B. index 66646 per my 1983 printout) if I remember correctly, and operated as a multi-user boat that travelled the country full of local kids and community groups - with Kate Jayne as long term 'steerer'.

edit - and WATER SHRIMP should be one word, i.e. WATERSHRIMP (B.W.B. index 70441 per my 1983 printout).

sorry if this makes me appear to be a pedant or imperious.

Oh , that's interesting to know thank you! I was relaying info that I had been told over the phone I'm surprised I remembered at all as I have a terrible memory for detail. I'm always happy to be corrected if I am wrong!

No problem. This boat was always a bit of a sad sight, gradually deteriorating on the wall by the mill.

I'm glad it's finally going to get some TLC - best of luck with the refurb job!

Yea she needed rescuing that's for sure! Thank you

Edited by Sinead Carnie

Gosh- we saw Unicorn a few times stranded by the mill & I never clicked that it was that Unicorn. I've now got Innocents Afloat off my book shelf to read again.Good luck with making her beautiful again & I hope to see more pics as you work on her.

Trina

Thank you Trina, I have the book too but I havnt got round to reading it yet. It's amazing to have a history of the time spent in her like that. Such a shame it had to be parted from Jeremy and Dorothy in such an underhand way. I will definitely post pics as we go!

Hya only just caught up with this thread - what a fantastic story!

You obviously have the determination to see this through - please keep us up to date with the renovations. You'd be surprised how many people read threads like these but don't post - there'll be an awful lot of people out there following your story.

Best of luck smile.png

Hi Ange, thank you for your support, yes we will do it one way or another,its definitely not for the faint hearted and im sure lots of people think we have a screw loose but I know we can do it. We will definitely post pics as we go, Matty will be working full time so hopefully by this time next year we will have made a huge difference!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So what happened next, wonderful story but its too much of a cliff hanger

Hope all is going well and things are progressionist

Hi everyone! We are about 2 miles from Charity Dock at Bedworth. We will be taking her out of the water next week to get some steel work done and get her blacked so that the wood cabin can be completely removed and Matty can start rebuilding. It's been a long journey and quite an adventure but we are on the home straight! I'm sure we have looked quite a sight with Matty towing her by hand for quite a few of the miles.We have finally got the engine going but it wont go into reverse so still have some work to do but progress is being made and that's the main thing! We have had lots of help and well wishes along the way,it's been much appreciated indeed. We have been collecting the materials we need for around a year now and most of what we will be using is recycled or reclaimed so the real work is about to start but we can't wait. Thanks everyone.

Great tale! well done! Write it all down in as much detail as you can, otherwise when you've finished, or in years to come, you will find some of the details will have been forgotten and it will really bug you! (got that T shirt!)

Well we finally made it last night! she is at the dock and ready to come out of the water, we have had someone give her a quick once over and the steel work is not as bad as we had anticipated so its full steam ahead with the renovations! So relieved its been quite a stressfull few months with all the uncertainty to say the least!

Richard (RLWP) is your man. And he's not so far from you!

Thanks, I will bear that in mind if we have no luck with it soon.

Congratulations on getting her home, must have been quite a journey! smile.png

Brilliant I am so pleased for you:)

Hope the most stressful part is behind you now looking forward to the next installment.

Thanks , it has been a crazy couple of months but it's all part of the adventure!

• 2 weeks later...

Well we got her into the dry dock and it turned out that the welding we needed was not so bad after all. A friend of a friend who is very experienced in steel work on boats has kindly done it for us very cheaply and Matty has scrubbed, stripped blacked her himself with help from 2 of my sons and his father. She is ready to have her cabin replaced now so the rebuild can begin!

Dry Dock

Edited by Sinead Carnie
  • Greenie 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...