Tow from Tewkesbury?? Help!!

Sinead Carnie

Featured Posts

You really have persevered with her, well done.

One query: that does not look like Charity Dock (not enough lumber lying around). Is it?

Thank you, she was only in Charity Dock for a week for the welding and blacking, we have her near Mancetter at the moment, her engine is out so we cant move far.

Edited by Sinead Carnie

Gift from Jeremy scanlon

The previous owner Jeremy Scanlon sent us a lovely present of his book with her in her past life on the cover and a lovely hand wrought plate with a unicorn engraved on her, part of a set that was used to serve food every lunch for 30 years on her. Theres a paragraph in the book about them.Such a touching gift, hes moving back to America to be near his daughter now that his wife has sadly passed.

• Greenie 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi sorry just saw these posts. We are doing great thanks! The engine has been stripped and is back in working order. The main cabin frame has been built and insulated and we are in the process of laying the floor this week. Still got the plumbing, wiring and interior to build. Matty is pulling her by hand until the engine goes back in but he's getting the hang of now I think !! and its all going really well so far. Matty has had a long winter with no windows or doors as he is living on her for security but the end is in sight and I will be moving onto her in June so fingers crossed everything will continue to go to plan!

• Greenie 1

Hi sorry just saw these posts. We are doing great thanks! The engine has been stripped and is back in working order. The main cabin frame has been built and insulated and we are in the process of laying the floor this week. Still got the plumbing, wiring and interior to build. Matty is pulling her by hand until the engine goes back in but he's getting the hang of now I think !! and its all going really well so far. Matty has had a long winter with no windows or doors as he is living on her for security but the end is in sight and I will be moving onto her in June so fingers crossed everything will continue to go to plan!

Wow there is commitment! have read this thread with great interest, good luck with everything i hope it all goes to plan, although my boat is moored in sawley, i live in Bulkington, so should Matty need anything, feel free to give me a shout.

Rick

Wow there is commitment! have read this thread with great interest, good luck with everything i hope it all goes to plan, although my boat is moored in sawley, i live in Bulkington, so should Matty need anything, feel free to give me a shout.

Rick

Hi Rick. Yes, its a huge amount of commitment but thats what dreams are made of! (easy for me to say from a centrally heated home while matt sleeps in a floating building site! ha ha) thanks so much! You cant be far from me then in sunny Bulko!

Hi Rick. Yes, its a huge amount of commitment but thats what dreams are made of! (easy for me to say from a centrally heated home while matt sleeps in a floating building site! ha ha) thanks so much! You cant be far from me then in sunny Bulko!

Sunny! which Bulko are you in! i am just off weston lane :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no! Ryanair removed all the seats now ? !! To get more people on board?, ''standing room only now. frusty.gif Coming along really nicely Sinead. smile.png

Ha ha ..wouldn't put it past them! yea really coming on well considering the work only started at the end of September..and done mostly single handed! Matt shaved his beard off today so I'm assuming he's sure he's made it safely through the winter...

ANGEL OF ISLINGTON (B.W.B. index 66646 per my 1983 printout) if I remember correctly, and operated as a multi-user boat that travelled the country full of local kids and community groups - with Kate Jayne as long term 'steerer'.

edit - and WATER SHRIMP should be one word, i.e. WATERSHRIMP (B.W.B. index 70441 per my 1983 printout).

sorry if this makes me appear to be a pedant or imperious.

Mt sister 'owned' Angel of Islington until she died in 2004. |She traveled the waterways with her husband Martin. I have a few pics of the boat from the day of her funeral ,Nov 2004

Mt sister 'owned' Angel of Islington until she died in 2004. |She traveled the waterways with her husband Martin. I have a few pics of the boat from the day of her funeral ,Nov 2004

Hi Tony, I'd love to see those photos if you have a way of uploading them. I'm sure Jeremy Scanlon who had Unicorn originally would also. It sounds like Angel of Islington had an interesting history too!

• 1 month later...

I have to say those window surrounds are superb (will be a pig to keep clean) - are you going to paint over the multi coloured wood or treat and varnish??

To show we are all different, I looked at them and thought 'those fiddly bits will be either broken off by ropes and branches, or will have rotted off in 18 months'

Richard