Tow from Tewkesbury?? Help!!

Sinead Carnie

Featured Posts

You will have to video, and YouTube it. I wish you all the best. If you get into trouble either due to time or skills moving this boat, contact Nigel Caton a member of this site (no connection) he knows a thing or three about moving boats by water

Oops Nigel Carton,,typo

You will have to video, and YouTube it. I wish you all the best. If you get into trouble either due to time or skills moving this boat, contact Nigel Caton a member of this site (no connection) he knows a thing or three about moving boats by water

Its a year passed since I 1st posted, we are nearly finished now. Thanks though.

Shower And vanity

Shower and vanity unit fitted, toilet in, just the kitchen to do next.

The Slough, is that the one moored just behind you? Was wondering why its sat there, how come its so high in the water?

The guy who bought her last year had her totally stripped out including the ballast. Unfortunately the youth removing the ballast managed to make a hole in the bottom. People may remember her sunk near Marston junction

Richard

• 2 months later...

Sinead & Matty you truly have done a great job turning the boat around from the wreck it was.

I note on your Pintrest things are progressing well https://www.pinterest.com/shinny72/unicorn-rescue-now-know-as-nb-recalcitrant/

Kitchen now under way! worth a look over there followers of this thread.

Cheers for sharing

Ade

Thanks for all the comments lovely people. It's certainly been an adventure and I have been living on her for 2 months now after a year apart from Matty so it's just fantastic. Loving every minute. Can't post photos on here at the moment as I only have Internet access on my phone but as Ade says the link to our Pinterest board shows a lot of what we have done. Still have the engine to go in and the fibreglass on the roof but I think it's not bad going considering every piece of pallet wood has to be sanded and made into tongue and groove before using. Matt has got books out of the library and done everything without calling in the professionals so I'm immensely proud of him.Its amazing what you can achieve with a bit of determination and the ability to ignore warnings from well meaning people! Ha ha. Living the dream now. ☺

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think we passed your boat yesterday moored close to the railway on the Coventry Canal, Diana spotted the windows. Can't see your fotos as I dont want to sign up for Print whatever it is. I get enough stuff coming at me now.

Hi yes that was us! I have a rare moment of internet access so I can add a few photos now!

• 3 weeks later...

I heard on the grapevine you had a fire?

Yes. Nightmare. Matt was out and the generator caught fire. It's a massive thing and I saw flames lighting up the side of the canal. Bloody fire extinguisher wouldn't work (thought it was my fault but turns out it was broken) Got wet cloth and put it out but it really shook me up! It had stopped running an hr before..I thought it had run out of fuel but it must have been smouldering away. Looks like it was electrical and it's repareable so alls well.I've got my head round what to do in future. Bursting into tears and running round like an idiot isn't much help. I was so scared I was doing the wrong thing that I panicked!

Still hard at work when we passed today

Yes..working every day but it's all good fun..engine goes in today. Finally!!

Ah, now I recognise the boat - the exterior wood panelling sticks in the memory. We passed you twice in late August/ early September, going to and from Alvecote. Sorry to hear about the fire, thank God no one was hurt, and I hope you are insured.

Yes. Nightmare. Matt was out and the generator caught fire. It's a massive thing and I saw flames lighting up the side of the canal. Bloody fire extinguisher wouldn't work (thought it was my fault but turns out it was broken) Got wet cloth and put it out but it really shook me up! It had stopped running an hr before..I thought it had run out of fuel but it must have been smouldering away. Looks like it was electrical and it's repareable so alls well.I've got my head round what to do in future. Bursting into tears and running round like an idiot isn't much help. I was so scared I was doing the wrong thing that I panicked!

Yes..working every day but it's all good fun..engine goes in today. Finally!!

Was it on the bank at the time? I think it was running when we passed.

Was it on the bank at the time? I think it was running when we passed.

Yes fortunately it was out of the engine bay as the area is being prepared for the engine. Its about the size of a washing machine so its usually on board.We have hired a small one so we can work til the electrics are back.

Ah, now I recognise the boat - the exterior wood panelling sticks in the memory. We passed you twice in late August/ early September, going to and from Alvecote. Sorry to hear about the fire, thank God no one was hurt, and I hope you are insured.

Yes that's us. Only 3rd party insurance at the moment as we have got to find someone to insure us 1st and we are waiting til it's finished as I don't know how we would even start putting a price on it. Thanks Yes i was lucky. It could have been so much worse!

Yes fortunately it was out of the engine bay as the area is being prepared for the engine. Its about the size of a washing machine so its usually on board.We have hired a small one so we can work til the electrics are back.

Yes that's us. Only 3rd party insurance at the moment as we have got to find someone to insure us 1st and we are waiting til it's finished as I don't know how we would even start putting a price on it. Thanks Yes i was lucky. It could have been so much worse!

There are companies that will insure while you are fitting out, I did a self fitout but cant remember who I used. They wanted a valuation survey at the end of the job.

There are companies that will insure while you are fitting out, I did a self fitout but cant remember who I used. They wanted a valuation survey at the end of the job.

DON'T rely on 'insurance'. Rely on your wits and intelligence. They will use their expertise and experience to largely wriggle out of any claim you might make, in my experience.

The only benefit of having insurance is it lets you get a licence, so third party is very sensible IMV.

• Greenie 1