Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

Quite right, is seems to be generally agreed that in a year's time it will still be a marina.

The debate is more to do with who will be running it this time next year, and how badly injured the current moorers are going to be as collateral victims in the slow motion self-destruct path PL seems to be set on following.

MtB

I could imagine the scene at the auditions for the main character.................

Martynnope,it's not there it's here!

We do have close to PLM the 300 Spartens chippy.........

Last review contained the comment "In a very difficult location especially for parking. "

Of course not related to Spartacus but a close word play.....

Edited by benfordboy

you have just confirmed what I thought at the time, that the licensed premises was to be for marina users only! How did we/he get away with it for 6 years then, does nobody check? I remember when the café opened, all sorts of dignitaries were there, including I think, the mayor of Charnwood, and top brass from Leics county council!

Probably not. The marina I'm in was built by the Environment Agency & the Council. Specific part of the planning permission was that a public viewing area had to be included. Since the new year this hasnt been unlocked. It has already made the local rag in the past about how often this area isnt unlocked even though it was a specific proviso of the planning permission.

Another unrelated embankment was built in a public park, the planning permission wasnt followoed properly. That made the local rag, even ended up in court, they were supposed to take it down again (the council built it) but it has never happened yet.

Sorry for going back on topic

Edited by Ssscrudddy

Probably not. The marina I'm in was built by the Environment Agency & the Council. Specific part of the planning permission was that a public viewing area had to be included. Since the new year this hasnt been unlocked. It has already made the local rag in the past about how often this area isnt unlocked even though it was a specific proviso of the planning permission.Another unrelated embankment was built in a public park, the planning permission wasnt followoed properly. That made the local rag, even ended up in court, they were supposed to take it down again (the council built it) but it has never happened yet.Sorry for going back on topic

re the viewing area, due to h&s the area has to remain locked when the river is in 'strong stream', another requirement of the council iirc

re the viewing area, due to h&s the area has to remain locked when the river is in 'strong stream', another requirement of the council iirc

Blimey, I didn't realise it was risky even to look at a river in spate these days...

:)

MtB

What I do not understand is why Boaters commit to such a long term in one mooring like 24 year leases and 5 years advance payments ok I suppose if its convenient for work and/or school as a live aboard .

But any problems and your trapped .

What I do not understand is why Boaters commit to such a long term in one mooring like 24 year leases and 5 years advance payments ok I suppose if its convenient for work and/or school as a live aboard .

But any problems and your trapped .

Glad its not just me wondering that. If someone said to me, here is a car park space and with that you get somewhere to moor your boat but you will have to lease it for 25/30 years and pay 5years money in advance - I would be out of there like a shot. Why tie yourself into something for that long? unless there were other promises to go with it which I am not aware of? Have all of these boaters done this or were there other sorts of contracts available too? (I so hope I haven't missed answers to these questions previously in this thread, I have tried to keep up)