Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

This thread is a public service imo. It's a unbiased publication/discussion of a developing situation which could leave a lot of fellow boaters in a right old pickle.

Compelling reading, but mostly based on zero facts.

I think a huge positive may have been ignored.

IF 300 boats are stuck inside the marina when it gets disconnected from the cut, then the water in the marina may at some point dry up, leaving all the boats high and dry. Everyone could then easily black their hulls, sharing paintbrushes, and advice, in the largest community blacking project ever. They may get themselves in the Guinness book of records, and eventually when the legal side is all sorted and water is returned to the marina, they would all have saved about £300 in crane out fees. Thats a savings of £90 000!

Visited me too laugh.png I suspect he'll visit all who have posted laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

I can see the last five peeps who have visited my profile, and I'm very popular at the moment - all five visited this afternoon or this evening!

How do I look back beyond the last five visitors to see if/when Mr Lillie inspected my profile?

MtB

Compelling reading, but mostly based on zero facts.

What happens to the boaters locked in after the piling and their subs?. That's the essential message I have taken from this. I agree the rest is mainly flotsum and jestom

Edited by mark99

You may have missed it, but there was a passing swipe at his (alleged) sexuality - something not to be condoned and really should be exorcised by the mods. On the other hand with the degree of friction between the offending poster and PL perhaps it is just a case of understandably lashing out with whatever weapon is to hand.

I have edited some, did I miss one?

I can see the last five peeps who have visited my profile, and I'm very popular at the moment - all five visited this afternoon or this evening!

How do I look back beyond the last five visitors to see if/when Mr Lillie inspected my profile?

MtB

I really don't know Mike, but I reckon you might have been one of the first on his visiting list laugh.png going by your popularity list though he's ancient history by now laugh.png

I entered the debate much later biggrin.png

pillingslock

23 Jan 2014 - 12:53

He's top of my list glare.gif

I reported it, recently. It is still there at the moment, though fairly minor in the great scheme of things.

Ah, yes, done it now, thanks.

So far people have kept very on topic and relevant on what is a contentious topic, which is very good; as has been said, sexuality has no bearing on anything discussed here, or in other threads.

I really don't know Mike, but I reckon you might have been one of the first on his visiting list laugh.png going by your popularity list though he's ancient history by now laugh.png

I entered the debate much later biggrin.png

pillingslock

23 Jan 2014 - 12:53

He's top of my list glare.gif

looks like he did all his visiting on 23rd

unlike someone else posting here recently who did his looking today

ninja.gif

ninja.gif

Ah now, I mooted the possibility that they were a doppel for Mr Lillie immediately they turned up here, and I got shot down in flames.

Interesting you think the same...

MtB

ninja.gif

Damn! - Fell for that.....

I'm probably now your most recent profile visitor - well for a bit anyway!

Ah now, I mooted the possibility that they were a doppel for Mr Lillie immediately they turned up here, and I got shot down in flames.

Interesting you think the same...

MtB

not pilingsmoorer if that's who you mean. I still think he's is legit

But to get things back on a business track, I was wondering the reason behind the "lease a car parking space & get a mooring free" structure...

As an update from myself following the post earlier, I can indeed confirm there there has been some communication between myself, Paul Lillie and others, which I have shared with the other site staff as and where appropriate.

We have responded in what we feel is the correct manner.

We do not intend to elaborate further on the details such as to unnecessarily complicated the dealings, and we're confident members will understand this.

Daniel