A Lady, Two Dogs and a Cat.

Doorman

Featured Posts

Even though I'm on the other side of the world, I feel very proud of you mob with your generosity and if there is any way I can contribute ie; some sort of paypal number please.

Even though I'm on the other side of the world, I feel very proud of you mob with your generosity and if there is any way I can contribute ie; some sort of paypal number please.

Good on ya cobba!

If we discover the price of the harness, plus some petrol money for Ange and Dave, then divide up the amount by the number of members whom have offered to help, would that be acceptable?

I'm off to see if Sarah is still by bridge 79, armed with a tape measure and some trepidation in case Baloo doesn't like having his inside leg measurement taken.

If I'm not back in an hour send for Field Marshall Bizzard and his troops.

Edited by Doorman

Its wasn't hacked Andy ...you spent it all;;;;;LOL

That's funny, Mrs W seems to have a lot of new clothes and shoes. although I suspected Midland Chandlers (!)

Seriously though folks. The dodgy payment was traced to a computer in the Middle East - which was camouflaged. Paypal refunded my money instantly but wouldn't tell me any more.

If we discover the price of the harness, plus some petrol money for Ange and Dave, then divide up the amount by the number of members whom have offered to help, would that be acceptable?

I'm off to see if Sarah is still by bridge 79, armed with a tape measure and some trepidation in case Baloo doesn't like having his inside leg measurement taken.

If I'm not back in an hour send for Field Marshall Bizzard and his troops.

To make life simple, what if Dave and Ange let us know how to send them money then those who wish can do so. The amount being up to the indiviudual. The money left over after paying for the harness and D & As petrol, can be given to Dan towards the running costs of this site?

Just a thought, haggis

put me down for a couple of pounds too....

(i reckon any left over cash could be put into dog food, it must cost an enormous amount to feed just the Newfie?!....I don't think they can be vegetarian too? ...but then I suppose even a 6 pack of cans would be heavy to cart about, how does she manage?)

Well done Doorman, my understanding is that this lady usually refuses offers of help so it looks like this is something that she needs

Ange, I've PMed you the location of my emergency cash stash - please use it when you get the harness

• Greenie 1

I suspect the harness is something she has found difficult to locate in her travels as I would imagine it must be just about impossible for her to go anywhere aprt from on foot with the animals. Perhaps that is why she has accepted the offer of a harness?

If there is anything else we could identify she needed without embarrassing her then any surpless funds could go there but failing that I am for adding it to the pot for thr forum costs or to put towards an animal charity

I'm back! Call off the troops.

Measured Baloo once we got him up off his big belly and he measures 107cm girth and 81cm from shoulders to the base of his tail. Apparently the latter measurement is required by suppliers for full harness size. That's 42" x 32" in old money.

Sarah asked "how much" and we said that under C&RT legislation boaters are not allowed to charge for dog harnesses. I think she's getting to know that I'm deranged by now. :-)

• Greenie 1

I'm back! Call off the troops.

Measured Baloo once we got him up off his big belly and he measures 107cm girth and 81cm from shoulders to the base of his tail. Apparently the latter measurement is required by suppliers for full harness size. That's 42" x 32" in old money.

Sarah asked "how much" and we said that under C&RT legislation boaters are not allowed to charge for dog harnesses. I think she's getting to know that I'm deranged by now. :-)

Brilliant!

How come it has taken her so long to come to understand you are deranged when the rest of us have known it for ages? ... anyway so long as the harness is handed over by someone who does not have a trading licence then they can say they can't charge or it would be breaking C&RT rules lol

yes, I will await a reply from Ange about how she prefers to deal with the funds and we will all be on to it