Collision Repair

Featured Posts

Thank you.

The insurance company have sent me some forms to fill out and have asked me to provide

sight of written estimates from two repairers (with whom you should raise your queries regarding the gas locker and doors), and the statements from the witness'. Please ensure you include a diagram of the incident to assist our understanding of the circumstances.

Now.......... the diagram I want to see :huh:

...... go on....... please let me see the diagram aunty bones ;)

I wasn't speculating about Bones's incident, I thought I'd made that clear. What I want to know is does going out on red or even yellow boards invalidate your insurance. I think this is particularly relevant as the EA seem to be putting out yellow boards at the first sign of rain recently.

I seem to remember Red boards does in some circumstances? Last time I looked into it I think it depended on the insurance company? I think the advice the Thames gives is that travelling on red boards may invalidate the insurance.

Now.......... the diagram I want to see :huh:

...... go on....... please let me see the diagram aunty bones ;)

actually, in a rare moment of being brief and non literal I happen to think my diagram is rather good. It involves the river, a bend a bush and two arrows. It actually LOOKS professional and everything.

Edited by Bones

actually, in a rare moment of being brief and non literal I happen to think my diagram is rather good. It involves the river, a bend a bush and two arrows. It actually LOOKS professional and everything.

I'm sure you have thought to include details of the width of the river, and some pics are always useful.

Hope getting 2 estimates is not too much of a problem.

Good luck.

Leo.

I'm sure you have thought to include details of the width of the river, and some pics are always useful.

Hope getting 2 estimates is not too much of a problem.

Good luck.

Leo.

Fortunately I have a picture of the location and the distance available between the two boats when navigating on the correct side of the river. Also as I ended up being across the river at one point I know the river was much wider than the length of my boat with room for a boat to navigate either side of me if necessary.

Indeed... you are quite right! speculation is possible but it is a bit frustrating to read people's speculations when they weren't there (and I am trying to be fair to both parties) but you are right in the latter part of the sentence, and I shall remember that - but speculation often becomes the truth of the people not involved!

:cheers:

Fortunately the dog had decided to get off at one of the locks and onto a different boat.

What is it they say about dogs sencing things?

Fortunately I have a picture of the location and the distance available between the two boats when navigating on the correct side of the river. Also as I ended up being across the river at one point I know the river was much wider than the length of my boat with room for a boat to navigate either side of me if necessary.

Google maps are handy for measuring things on.

Sorry to read about your prang but glad to hear that it was just bent metal and nothing worse!

The shock and the hassle afterwards are bad enough perhaps but it looks as though you are making progress on it already.

Richard

1341332575[/url]' post='899727']

Sorry to read about your prang but glad to hear that it was just bent metal and nothing worse!

The shock and the hassle afterwards are bad enough perhaps but it looks as though you are making progress on it already.

Richard

Nothing worse?! It wasnt just the metal you know...my piano coped it!!!

Nothing worse?! It wasnt just the metal you know...my piano coped it!!!

OH NO. That really is a disaster. Seriously, not joking, that is absolutely awful news!

Is it repairable, or will the insurers have to buy you a new one?

1341339124[/url]' post='899779']

OH NO. That really is a disaster. Seriously, not joking, that is absolutely awful news!

Is it repairable, or will the insurers have to buy you a new one?

It will be repairable I am sure.

It was a phenomenal thwack.

I have to admit, when I saw the dent, that was my first thought!!

Sorry to hear the Piano got it too, but hopefully all is resolved soon. Keep us posted.

Daniel

Enough to know if we ever have a bump or a real serious problem with our boat we won;t post it here...

As is your prerogative. If you don't want people to know about an accident you had, then it's fairly obvious that you wouldn't mention it on a public forum!

However, I still don't understand what YOUR problem is with me asking another forum member a question, which she clearly had no issue with?

I asked exactly how the boats collided simply because I was interested, not because I was trying to give advice, imply any criticism or start my own investigation! When I hear stories such as this I keep them in mind when steering my boat - not that it sounds like Bones could have done anything to avoid the accident in this case.

Edited by blackrose

However, I still don't understand what YOUR problem is with me asking another forum member a question which she clearly has no issue with?

I know you don't....

Because I didn't feel the need, Mike.

Well, if you're going to be critical about someone's post then it seems like common courtesy to explain why.

You may not feel the need, but since I didn't understand what the problem was, why keep it a secret?

Edit: Anyway, don't worry, since you can't explain it, it must be insignificant.

I'll move on...

Edited by blackrose

Well, if you're going to be critical about someone's post then it seems like common courtesy to explain why.

You may not feel the need, but since I didn't understand what the problem was, why keep it a secret?

I felt the 'questioning' tone of your post and Allan's as to how the collision occurred was unnecessary and unwarranted.

ed to add - Oh you've edited and moved on I see...hey ho.

Edited by MJG

Sorry to hear about your accident Bones, too bad your piano got damaged too, but it's all material damage, which is repairable and if needed replaceable.

I hope for you that whoever is going to do the repairs will have the time, so you don't have to line-up in the queue of boats with jobs to be done, and that it will only be a bad souvenir shortly.

Good luck,

Peter.