Ebay vintage engine sales

MtB

Featured Posts

Unsold but back on at reduced price of £599 or offers.

$T2eC16Z,!)oFIeLoOq2OBSdiZ9,Zqw~~60_3.JP

FR2 as well - 18bhp @ 1800rpm

$(KGrHqEOKpgFJjUOhd0cBSds4sjTRg~~60_58.J

Edited by by'eck

A rare Ruston 4VRO - 44 bhp @ 1000rpm - lower speed version of VRH with same bore/stroke as JP. Interesting to compare with JP4. I'm sure the generator could be sold on.

$_57.JPG

Edited by by'eck

Useful little motor and gearbox - 15bhp @1800rpm.

$(KGrHqR,!rUFJUf!w2QoBSZrThv!G!~~60_1.JP

In the 70's working in BBC outside broadcast communications, we would tow generators powered by this engine to various remote hilltops and water towers to power temporary microwave radio links. Always started, even in below zero temps, although only with a large sniff of ether. Note dedicated manual canister pump top left in photo.

Useful little motor and gearbox - 15bhp @1800rpm.

$(KGrHqR,!rUFJUf!w2QoBSZrThv!G!~~60_1.JP

In the 70's working in BBC outside broadcast communications, we would tow generators powered by this engine to various remote hilltops and water towers to power temporary microwave radio links. Always started, even in below zero temps, although only with a large sniff of ether. Note dedicated manual canister pump top left in photo.

Isn't there one of those in the historic boat waiting renovation up on the hard standing opposite Alvecote marina?

May have been 2012 I saw it....

MtB

Isn't there one of those in the historic boat waiting renovation up on the hard standing opposite Alvecote marina?

May have been 2012 I saw it....

MtB

Well, there's one in half a BCN day boat. Whether that makes it a restoration project or not is open to debate

Richard

Well, there's one in half a BCN day boat. Whether that makes it a restoration project or not is open to debate

Richard

Ah yes I remember now. and I see your point.

"Restoration" would involve taking the engine out and constructing a new missing half a hull. Or converting it into a REGINALD and moving the engine to the other end, I think...

MtB

I saw that yesterday. An I right in thinking it was advertised at £1k? If so, is that over priced or the going rate for a marine version? I've seen a few dumper trucks in working order with PH2's go for under £500 recently.

This is the water cooled marine version and is complete with gearbox and ancillaries - note he is open to offers. The same seller mentions a PH2 for £250.

• 2 weeks later...

It's fixed speed, isn't it?

Richard

Excellent point and the probable explanation.

Hard to imagine it NOT being fixed speed actually, not having a reversing box or any other marinising equipment.

What's involved in making it variable speed then? Grafting on a different governor I imagine?

MtB

P.S. Richard, REGINALD engine packed up again at the weekend. Fortunately I was able to fix it myself - by filling up the day tank lol

Thought you'd like to know... :D duh....

Hard to imagine it NOT being fixed speed actually, not having a reversing box or any other marinising equipment.

What's involved in making it variable speed then? Grafting on a different governor I imagine?

MtB

My brother's HR2 was fixed speed but we made it variable. Didn't need to change the governor just bought the parts to make it variable, wasn't that much trouble, but not sure about this engine. My Ruston VTH was variable as that is the only way they made them.

Casp'

No, just doing something to the mechanism. It would depend how much is accessible and how much is buried under castings

Richard

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brass-Thermometer-SIKA-/131072811885

Not an engine, but maybe a bargain for someone's engine installation.

MP.

I have two of those fitted to the 2LW in Badger (one for water and one for oil temps) and very nice they look too.

I nearly put in a bid ( a spare is always handy) until I read the dimensions. At 235mm long that is considerably longer than mine and would get in the way:-(

George ex nb Alton retired